Happy New Year readers.
The countryside is very quiet at the moment. Too quiet for people even to knock on your door and wish you all the best and :
"Compliments of the season.."
Will the end of society happen when people stop communicating?
I have had the same really really quiet Christmas and New Year. It's been like a week of Sundays. Shall we sing Morrisey's: Every day is like Sunday?
So I have been thinking. How do we solve rural isolation. Here's a few ideas.
1. Rip up the credit cards and start knocking on your neighbours door and ask for a cup of sugar or even a crate of Guinness.
2. Leave the countryside and move to a village or town with a pub and a kebab house?
3. Start your own public transport service. But make sure you don't have to drive.
4. Move back to the town or city - I am very tempted.
5. Write a blog and see if anybody makes any comments?
6. Pretend to be a cow. Don't talk to anybody and just graze contentedly.
7. Read a good book or ten.
8. Go to the city for the day and notice all the misuse of electricity and all the awful traffic.
9. Become a recluse and don't talk to anybody.
10. Win the lottery and become a 'weekender' and only visit the country-side in the summer and at Christmas.
That's 10 of my ways to cure rural isolation. Have you any suggestions?