Tuesday 21 November 2017

Kennel Building For A Small Dogeen.

My son made this kennel for my brother's (also a Jack Russell)dog the other day.  I think he made a good job of it.  It's a pity he had to make it on my lawn.  Hopefully the bald patch will grow back or I will have another grass seed repair to do.  

I cut some of the planks for him with an handsaw.  I couldn't get over how much moisture nay sap there was in the wood.  Years ago newly sawn wood was seasoned for about a year or more.  Today its cut down and planed and made into planks and sent straight away to a timber yard.  Is it any wonder nothing lasts anymore?  

Its been raining today and all last night.  Here's an appropriate song by the aptly named Carpenters.  Yet another track from my very eclectic music juke box.  I would love to have seen them live.  I believe they played Manchester Free Trade Hall.  


Have you thought about Christmas yet?  I will give you some suggestions for presents in my next post!

8 comments:

  1. Can't quite make out the kennel. Is that just the door? A very well made door for sure .
    Isn't YouTube wonderful. You can listen to any type of music at any time. Used to love the carpenters. Still do

    Xmas? It's not even December yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little door is the door LA. I think You Tube is great and I am on it everyday. My music is very eclectic and goes from every rock to folk, to pop to brass bands.. I would loved to have seen the Carpenters live.

    All will be revealed with the Christmas presents! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see anything of Christmas around here yet and hopefully won't have to think about it until later in December. Like the dog's kennel, it really does look like it will be windproof for the dog and well made. Perhaps son can make and sell things. I still like to listen to the Carpenters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Rachel. I think December is late enough to think about Christmas presents. I am glad you like the dog kennel. He's very talented and can do most jobs. The Carpenters were great. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. That grass will grow back by the time you need to get your sun-lounger out
    that is of course unless you plan on using it during the winter Dave ?
    Our Toby lives indoors as part of the family and so does not require a kennel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heron. I found our sheep on the lawn this morning. We have been fencing all morning. Our Fido lives with us. Her father was called Toby. I bought some plastic garden furniture in the Summer and we have only sat on it once. Its been a very wet year. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. kennels are good. Eric goes in his crate when he wants to get away from the little dog, she pesters him. Once we are more sorted here and I have a new laptop I will show you some garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sol. Kennels are good. Good luck with the new laptop and I look forward to seeing your new garden. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...