Friday 16 February 2018

Walking Over The Peninsula.


How are you OK? 


I got absolutely saturated walking today.  Did you see Walks With My Dog last night?  Dogs aren't allowed to walk on our peninsula, the Sheeps Head Way.  There are sheep grazing a long with cows and even BULLS! 

That's another tale! When I walked up and down mountains and glens and met a herd of Limousin cows, calves and a great big bull who was not happy to see me and I decided to walk (almost run) five miles back over the hills and faraway.


I have been walking the roads and looking at the bays and shaking my head at cars whizzing by whilst I walk on the tarmac.  The pictures are of my walk over the peninsula and through to Durrus.  

I stopped talking to a farmer on the way.  Our conversation went from it being the wettest year ever last year to the price of Polish coal and did I have any livestock and how we had just been to Portugal for my jollies in JANUARY.  Eh?


 Dunmanus Bay in the distance
 Lonely boreens.

A Georgian ruin.  I wonder if Jane Austen use to stay here on her holidays?



5 comments:

  1. boreens? Must look that up. I imagine with all that walking and fresh air you must be the healthiest man on the planet. I remember my cycling days when cars would skim me by a fraction as they passed. Some drivers are really inconsiderate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie. I think bo is cow? So it's lane wide enough for a cow. Brian Boru is famous for is cow tax. Bo being cow and ru being tax. I am not healthy at all today. My left heel is killing me. It must be too much pounding the tarmac. I walked over the hills yesterday listening to brass band music. Very strange. It was like being in a film. You sum up perfectly what its like walking along some of the country roads. Some motorists are really good and indicate and move away from the walker and others skim passed. I can't believe 80 Kph is the speed limit on Irish rural roads. Roads made for horses and carts and cattle and pedestrians. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful views on your walks Dave. Any more plans for renting in Portugal again this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. Yes they are beautiful views. We are thinking of buying somewhere over there soon. But we will have to sell before we do. We are currently decluttering and renovating the houses at the moment. The gardens need weeding too. But its never dry enough to get on them to do it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Thank You for sharing your article, This is an interesting & informative blog. It is very useful for the developer like me.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...