Tuesday 22 May 2018

Lets Have Our Own Chelsea Flower Show,

Are you watching Chelsea Flower Show on the Beeb?  We watched Sundays preview but missed last nights instalment.  

I prefer the traditional Cottage gardens with Herbaceous Perennials, dry stone walls, allotment themed gardens,  Not the ones that look like the landscaped area outside an office block or bank. Gardens with plants and natural materials: water, stone, wood, lawns, flowers and not concrete.

Any way I thought why don't all us folk in Blogland have our own version of Chelsea Flower Show and show some of our very own gardens?  Here's a couple of photos from one of our gardens designed by ourselves and planted by yours truly.  

Its a labour of love and anybody can have a nice garden, yard for not very much money.  Just lots of work and a love of plants.  Your turn next.  Show us your gardens please!

 The back of the bungalow taken from over the hedge in the picture below.  This was full of brambles, rock and nettles when we first moved here.  Do you like the lady statue?  I think this garden would be good for a back yard.  Lots of pots, ornaments, gravel and plants with a curtain Fuschia hedge.  Its about fifty lfeet long by twenty foot wide.
Number one son and me his labourer made these steps the other Sunday.  It took four hours.  I had the paving slabs left over from the back garden behind the farmhouse.  That's another garden we made last year.  The blocks are second hand and I had to chisel off mortar to make them use able again.  

The building in the background is the old milk house.  Its where my dad's ancestors stored the milk to keep it cool.  I use it for a shed these days. 

Your turn now!





13 comments:

  1. Ha ha you have seen my garden so far! mess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is a job in progress Sol. I like the bridge and you have some exotic plants which any gardener would love to have in their garden. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like a garden and my project this year is to make myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vera. Sounds a great idea. Looking forward to seeing how your new garden progresses on your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have plenty of buttercups and daisies and the wild look. Should win a gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buttercup and daisies garden sounds quintessentially English Rachel. Fantastic weather here today. Been stone picking for a farmer all day. Your brother's pond would win a gold. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. My huge garden is full of flowers, flowering trees and shrubs and what some people call weeds, and all done by themselves with NO help from me. Experts would raise hands in horror but I love the natural look and so do my visitors, unless they are telling fibs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great Valerie. Any chances of some photos on your blog? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Dave, this was blogged last year.

      http://allsortsforallsorts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/wild-garden.html

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. Will pop over and have a look on your blog.

      Delete
  7. Your back garden looks lovely, the table and chair look like the old greek cafe ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks LA. It would be perfect for any small backyard or smallish garden. Somebody gave me the table and chairs because they had bought a new set. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...