Tuesday 19 February 2019

A Bus Trip In The Algarve,


We went to the Algarve last week.  The flight was only 150 Euros return for the both of us with Ryan Air.  Of course we were blessed with amazing sunshine and we didn't want to come back to rainy Ireland.

Last Wednesday afternoon we decided to take an half day bus trip to Lagos, Sagres and St Vincent.  It involved the usual pick up and drive round some Algarve villages, towns and a city and wait for people  some who never even turned up.  The little bus had far too many seats in it and I could not even get my knees in between the seats.  Honest!


Eventually we met up with a bigger coach made up mainly of Germans.  The Portuguese lady interpreter/courier spoke in English for a few minutes and then said the same thing again in German.  Yes I know!

 Any road.  We went to Lagos and then stopped at the site of an old church and a lighthouse.  Then we moved on to Sagres, passed a Lidl and stopped at St Vincents.  This was a wind swept place with cliffs and somebody selling jumpers.  It was OK for half a day but I don't think coach trips are for us.



Hope you are all well?

14 comments:

  1. I love Lagos. We stayed there in the 1980s and it had a small railway station and we caught trains from there to other parts of the Algarve along the coast. I am glad you have had a good time travelling around in the coach even if half a day was enough, a change is as good as a rest. We took a coach trip from Lagos to Lisbon one day and stopped at a transport café. It was great fun. I wondered what had happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel. The German coach travellers all applauded the tour guide at the end of the trip. A few years ago we went on a coach trip to Seville from the Algarve and stopped at a transport cafe and drank some Spanish beer. Hope you're well and I enjoyed reading about your friend Morris. My favourite malt is Dalwhinnie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes get booking a cheap flight Rachel. It will be great to read about yor Scottish island trip.

      Delete
  3. Did you look in any estate agent windows Dave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Philip. We need to sell something and see what Brexit brings before we make the plunge. The Almond and Olive trees are in flower and potato stalks are pushing through. Will post more pictures later in the week. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. That your best bus tale yet! I can just picture those seats. Less knee room than Ryan Air seats. That takes some doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honest Gwil. I was swinging my right leg in the middle aisle and people gave me funny looks. The Ryanair flight crew were wonderful and I could not fault them. Its a cheap bus trip in the sky. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking at houses?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did Sol. They are going up a lot. We just want somewhere small a few miles from the coast for some of the winter. Might rent somewhere next for a month or so. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do wish it were as easy to jaunt around Europe from this country as from yours. Looking forward to your gardening pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Joanne. Its Spring in Portugal at the moment. Its such a wonderful country. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed you but guessed you were away somewhere. I have never been to that part of the world but it sounds nice. I look forward to reading more about the place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Valerie. I hope your well. Its good to have a winter break when its not too hot or crowded. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...