Wednesday 4 August 2021

She Took The Last Train Out Of My Heart..

 Yet more Rock band heroes have recently passed away over the last couple of weeks: two Cinderella members, the bass player from ZZ Top and the once former Kansas band violinist and singer Robby Steindhardt.    There must be one mighty Rock festival being played every day in Heaven.

It's a sign of your own mortality when your Rock heroes are getting old and achieving the ultimate freedom:  playing music in eternal paradise.

I remember me and my mates jumping in the back of a Ford Transit van in 1987 and setting off to Castle Donington "Monsters of Rock" festival in Derbyshire.   Cinderella  kicked off the festival about one o'clock in the afternoon.  They strutted their stuff and were probably one of the best ever bands I have ever seen to kick off a music festival.

Thanks to good old You Tube.  We can watch these favourite bands over and over again,

I discovered this gem by Cinderella lead singer  Tom Keifer.  I can't  stop playing it.  Enjoy:









16 comments:

  1. In 1987 we were heading off for a new life in Tenerife! Oh to be young again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always buy somewhere there again JayCee? Imagine getting away from our winter and the snow and the gales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a great rock anthem. I had never heard of Cinderella (the rock band) before though I had heard of the unfortunate kitchen maid who finally hooked up with Prince Charming. I can imagine you in the mosh pit, shaking your head wildly to the rhythm of the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it YP. Tom wrote this about meeting his future wife and she disappeared 8nto the night and caught a taxi. Thankfully he met her again and used artistic licence and changed cab to train. I still play my lead air guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air guitar is much more tricky to play than a proper guitar as there are no strings.

      Delete
  5. Pool and Snooker cues and brush handles are much easier to play air guitar. I never drop a chord or miss a note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still get groupies hanging around outside your dressing room? Like bees drawn to a hive.

      Delete
  6. I once bought a paper shop. It blew away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once visited a cake shop. It was chocolate with cream in the middle.

      Delete
  7. I tried to rock around the clock and I fell off the mantlepiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched for jokes about a man called Dave and came across a horrible limerick. Luckily for you I decided not to paste it with this comment as I have high moral standards and did not wish to cause offence.

      Delete
  8. I tried tap dancing and fell in the sink! I'm here all week.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a comedian called Dave
      Who went to a midnight rave
      When his missus found out
      She started to shout
      "I'll give him an intimate shave!"

      Delete
  9. There was a man called Yorkshire Pudding,
    Who got thrown out of chippy for flooding,

    Everyone wanted peas!

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...