Friday 23 February 2024

Tightwad Leaky Wellington Boots Temporary Fix.

 

My wellingtons have started letting water in the toe.

But I am not going to throw them away just yet.  Oh no.

I took a plastic pedal bin liner bag from the kitchen cupboard and made myself a waterproof sock cover.

You can also use it to protect your hair when it's raining.

I think I should patent my Wellington boot repair kit before someone pinches my idea.

Perhaps I should start a Crowdfunder campaign for a new pair of wellingtons?  Any donations would be very welcome.

Anyone got a pair of size 11 wellington boots needing a good home?  They will get plenty of exercise and fym to roll in.

I might make them into plant pots or even rubber hinges for a gate.  Ones got to be resourceful when you're a tight wad smallholder like yours truly.

Remember this song?



10 comments:

  1. When my boots developed a hole in the heel, P filled the hole with clear mastic then glued the hole closed. Worked a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant JayCee. My last pair cost me 44 Euros. Are there any Cobblers on the IOM these days? I know of one in Tralee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like JayCee my wellies have a 'resin' repair where they developed a hole in a close encounter with a garden fork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both very resourceful TM. The number of times I have stabbed my Wellington sole on a nail sticking out of a plank or even with my four prong pike when mucking out or piking fym. I go through 3 pairs of wellies a year on average.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please post the address of your crowdfunding appeal. I was going to donate a fiver but I cannot see the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no need YP. I have found another pair. But thanks anyway.

      Delete
  6. I know people who put old boots upside down on garden stakes to prevent injuries to people wandering around and doing a bit of weeding or pruning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea River. I have seen them cut up and made into rubber gate hinges.

      Delete
  7. I never wear my wellies, but they are a size 6, can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks anyway. I think I may be growing webbed feet after all the rain.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...