Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Can a Smallholder make a living writing from their little house?

I suppose I can call myself one of the lucky ones - I own my own smallholding.  Yes I have no mortgage and haven't got a lot of debt.  The old well dried up in July.  So I had to shave my head and go and see the Credit Union and do my Life Of Brian sketch:

"Shekel for an ex leper?"

It worked and the lads and lasses from ye oldie Credit Union gave me a loan for nearly five thousand.  It's nine percent interest and over five years.  That's a lot of pennies or Euro's to be paid back every month.  Isn't it eh dear readers?

So I would like to know if anybody knows how to make money working from the comfort of their own house or even cow shed?    Any successful writers?  What is a successful writer? Somebody who is published or somebody who makes lots of money?

What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. Earning a living from home... I do that! LOL But my definition of 'living' may be slightly different from that of others. As soon as I can live purely on what I earn from writing, I am deemed to be a professional writer.

    The less we need to spend on living, the easier it is to earn a living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your frugal 'living' is an incredible example to us all in these gloomy 'recession' times.

    Writing should be enjoyable and everything else should be a bonus. Our aim is to be published authors not just best sellers.

    It would be nice to have a few bob and to quote Woody Allen:

    "Be depressed in some nice places!"

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.

    JOIN TODAY

    ReplyDelete