Wednesday 10 January 2018

Home Made Shovel!


We have a coal bunker and in it lives a shovel or two.  We keep thinking Uri Geller must sleep in there because every time we come to use them the shovel bends like one of his spoons.  Me thinks its because they are made in somewhere far off like Halifax or even China.  They are tripe!  

So we asked number one son if he would make us a 'proper' shovel?  One that needs someone who would need to eat seven shredded wheat to lift it.    Here is our new shovel sitting proudly on top of our freezer in the hall.


I am starting to sound like Eric Olthwaite from Ripping Yarns and its raining too.  Did you see the brilliant programme about Michael Palin the other night?  I think his character would of been proud of number one son's new shovel.  I think if you want a good shovel.  Make one!  

If you want a laugh.  Go to good old You Tube and type:  Ripping Yarns Season 1 Episode 2.  The Testing Of Eric Olthwaite.  Its about twenty eight minutes long and very very  funny!  

Here's a song for you! I think he's got an holiday home not far from where I live.  


11 comments:

  1. I watched the programme about Michael Palin, It was a wonderful reminder of a fantastic era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. Yes it was a wonderful reminder of great comedy and great television. I think the Pythons were the nineteen seventies answer to the Goons. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I’d be very happy to have a shovel like that, Dave. I watched the Ripping Yarns episode and laughed out loud. It’s a long time since I’ve seen them. (Suggest you delete the anonymous comment above, it’s spam).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an heavy shovel Philip. I once bought an old garden fork with metal reinforcements on the wooden handle. It was far too heavy to use when digging. But what a magnificent piece of gardening equipment. Glad you like the Ripping Yarns episode. I usually just ignore anonymous comments. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  3. I need a new shovel..... Oh for a brawny Irishman! I've never seen Ripping Yarns but intend to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie. Ripping Yarns is right up with the best of British comedies. You can tell that Mr Palin was born in Sheffield. It's full of self deprecating and sardonic humour. The meaning of life was another excellent Python film. Yorkshire is The Third World in the film. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have some old spoons that can't even stir tea! They seem to bend as soon as they are out of the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gwil. Yes we could do with some decluttering too. Uri Geller was great. I use to bend cutlery like him. I hope Rachel returns soon. Blogging doesn't seem the same without her blog every day. Horrible gales and rain here all week. Thanks for your comment Gwil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dave. Just saw your comment to Gwil. I have returned now on Racheldubois.blogspot. I hope you are ok, I am missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. The Algarve called me. Back weekend. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. wow !!! very good I watched the programme about Michael Palin, It was a wonderful reminder of a fantastic era.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Bank Holiday Carboot Antiques Hunt.

 It's a Bank Holiday here in Ireland giving everyone a day off after Saint Patrick's Day. The weather forecast was not good but we s...