Wednesday 5 June 2024

"Morning Has Broken." An English Hymn Played By A Prog Rock Keyboard Wizard.


 That's a photo of my polytunnel at seven in the morning.  I often find myself outside pottering about and watering in the polytunnel.


In August I will be seeing Rick Wakeman again when I go to Blighty.

He's a first class keyboard player and stand up comedian.  I saw him with YES at The Night Of The Prog Festival in Loreley in Germany back in 2017.

Along time ago in the early nineteen seventies he played the piano on Cat Stevens 'Morning Has Broken.  He also played the keyboard on David Bowie's 'Life On Mars'.  

Rick is an excellent keyboard player and one of the best I have ever seen and I put him in the Keith Emerson category: superb!

Here's a song I play on my mobile  phone in my polytunnel:



14 comments:

  1. I saw Rick Wakeman when he was in The Strawbs and then later in Yes. He was and probably still is a very accomplished keyboard player, very adaptable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is still excellent YP. Like Keith Emerson when I saw him with ELP. I think they could be called musical geniuses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I see Rick Wakeman on TV I just wish he'd get a haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a big Man City fan. Perhaps he will get his hair styled like Haaland Sue? I have read his Rock memoir books. They are hilarious and I laughed out loud reading them on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Linda. He is a national treasure and very funny when he does his stand up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick Wakeman is classically trained and one of the greatest keyboard players of our time. He is respectful, kind, loving, adorable and humble. He prays and he lives near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to say this after reading the first comment which was a total understatement. I am aware that you know what I was saying but I had to say it. Somebody did.

      Delete
    2. I love your rock concert memories, life in Newcastle and your classic Mr Russian President parody and of course your art work Rachel. I don't think your poems or writing would have any word block if you dwelled on those topics. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. You sum him up very well Rachel. Being humble is great to see in someone so famous and talented. Thanks Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel beat me to comment about him being a classically trained pianist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Tasker he quit his studies at The Royal College Of Music and made it in the Prog Rock world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good place to be of a morning

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is GZ. Even on a rainy day there is somewhere to potter about. One of our best purchases.

    ReplyDelete

Carboot Selling Or Not.

 We got up early last Saturday morning to go to a car boot sale some one had seen advertised online. When we got there the gates were locked...