Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Forest, Field & Sky.

We watched the Forest, Field and Sky: Art Out Of Nature on BBC 4 last night.  It was about artists whose work explores the human relationship with the natural world.  Well that's what my tv magazine said.  Did you see it?  

It showed a man building a dry stone wall in the trunk of a dead tree, an artist who made a walk by treading the grass down in a line.  It reminded me of a white line on a football pitch.  He also made a 10 mile walk. Here was a lady artist who made a stone structure in the sea and set a bonfire in it.  Then they filmed the ever encroaching sea rising over the structure.  A fascinating programme and confirmed what I have thought for a long time.  Everything can be art.  It doesn't have to be that which is useless.  

Take a meal, a vase of flowers, a blog picture, a blog post, a poem, a painting, a book, a garden, a well dug allotment.  You know what?  I think it's all art?  Mother nature is the greatest artist of them all.  She doesn't draw in straight lines either. Like trees planted like soldiers on golf courses.  Do you agree?

Here's a poem I wrote the other year.  It came to me when I walking.  The 10 mile walk on the programme made me think of my poem: Walking Right Through Time.

WALKING RIGHT THROUGH TIME.

I am not walking on the earth,

I am not walking on the stars,

I just keep walking, walking through time.


There's no cobwebs on my finger tips, 

No Ivy growing around my heart,

I am just a Poet looking for a rhyme,

Walking, walking, walking,

Right through time.


11 comments:

  1. Great words in the poem Dave. A lot to think about in the post. Words, places, moments in time, sand on a beach, looking at the sea, being with people we love. Things to share and to hope the young receive from us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I think there is art and beauty in most things. We have just got to look for or even use our own creative talents to make it.

      Delete
    2. Hari ini saya ingin mengunkapkan tentang perjalanan hidup saya,karna masalah ekonomi saya selalu dililit hutang bahkan perusahaan yang dulunya saya pernah bagun kini semuanya akan disitah oleh pihak bank,saya sudah berusaha kesana kemari untuk mencari uang agar perusahaan saya tidak jadi disitah oleh pihak bank dan akhirnya saya nekat untuk mendatangi paranormal yang terkenal bahkan saya pernah mengikuti penggandaan uang dimaskanjeng dan itupun juga tidak ada hasil yang memuaskan dan saya hampir putus asa,,akhirnya ketidak segajaan saya mendengar cerita orang orang bahwa ada paranormal yang terkenal bisa mengeluarkan uang ghaib atau sejenisnya pesugihan putih yang namanya Mbah Rawa Gumpala,,,akhirnya saya mencoba menhubungi beliau dan alhamdulillah dengan senan hati beliau mau membantu saya untuk mengeluarkan pesugihan uang ghaibnya sebesar 10 M saya sangat bersyukur dan berterimakasih banyak kepada Mbah Rawa Gumpala berkat bantuannya semua masalah saya bisa teratasi dan semua hutang2 saya juga sudah pada lunas semua,,bagi anda yang ingin seperti saya dan ingin dibabtu sama Mbah silahkan hubungi 085 316 106 111 saya sengaja menulis pesan ini dan mempostin di semua tempat agar anda semua tau kalau ada paranormal yang bisah dipercaya dan bisa diandalkan,bagi teman teman yang menemukan situs ini tolong disebar luaskan agar orang orang juga bisa tau klau ada dukun sakti yg bisa membantuh mengatasi semua masalah anda1.untuk lebih lengkapnya buka saja blok Mbah karna didalam bloknya semuanya sudah dijelaskan PESUGIHAN DANA GHAIB TANPA TUMBAL

      Delete
  2. Great poem. I do prefer my art traditional though ..a painting I can see and enjoy..although I realise there is more to art than colour on a canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L A. I think you are right. There is more to art than colour on a canvas.

      Delete
  3. Art is so subjective m'thinks, though making good cider, now there is an artform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John. Always great to hear from you. Art can be very subjective. I forgot to mention music also. There are some classic rock albums that could also be considered art. A good pint of cider, bitter, real ale, stout.. Now they are art forms. One agrees with that. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I thought the programme was wonderful, loved it all and the ash dome. It's made me want to push my boundaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BG. Yes it was a wonderful programme. The ash dome was planted in the seventies and it's still changing. I liked the woman's bonfire stone sea fire structure and the patience of the dry stone wall sculptor in Cumbria. I am sure it's inspired you to be more creative BG.

      Delete
  5. Like that poem!

    And you are right: Nature is the best artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you like the poem Gwil. Nature is incredibly talented and the best artist.

    ReplyDelete