Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Temerity Tuesday.

Do you have the temerity to write a book, poems, song or even paint a picture?  Could you press the send button or post that letter and wait and wait longer than even that?  For ever in God's waiting room.  Why don't you get that file up on the screen and start writing your book again?  Or have you got more sense?  

  


There is even the argument that there are very few markets for working class writer's today.  I can't think of many male working class authors being interviewed on television recently can you?  Perhaps that's what I have been doing wrong all these years.  I have been aiming my working class books at a middle class audience? 

Do you write?  Please tell me what you think.   We have had Black Friday.  Today I am calling it: Temerity Tuesday.  Get writing that book or painting that picture!  

I feel like the next song this week.  Good old Thin Lizzy.  My favourite Irish band.  I once saw them in Manchester in 1981.  Showing my age.  


9 comments:

  1. Tuesday. I painted a picture titled They Want It In Writing and framed it. It's worth a thousand words. I have a blogger book of 40 of my poems and it is called Poetry Rat. It is there for all to read at http://www.poetryrat.blogspot.com - however I did win a Purple Patch best small press poetry book of the year for a real book but it was my only attempt and I found it time consuming and much like hard work, the editing, mailing, cover design, and other bits and bats, that I resolved not to do it again. In print at any rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your comment Gwil. It's good to read that you write poems and paint. I am writing a collection of my short stories and poems at the moment. Will it get published? I don't know. But I have to keep the creative juices flowing. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Have been looking through old diaries and letters but solid start yet. I will, I will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LA. The muse will strike and you won't want to do anything but write. Are there any writing groups where you live? You could always start one. Good luck with the writing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dave, are there many people that are truly working class now? I was under the impression if you owned your own home you are middle class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sol. I am talking about ordinary people from poor backgrounds who have something to say or show to the world. People like the John Lennon and Phil Lynott's of the rock world, sport stars, artists and of course writer's.

      Delete
  4. There are plenty of ordinary people with lots to say and writing and making short films. I know a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. I think if William Blake was around in our time he would have a blog like you and I and write poems about ordinary people like the chimney sweep. Have you done any more drawing/ painting lately?

      Delete