Friday 3 November 2023

Autumn Evenings In Front Of The Stove For Our Canine Friends.


 I took this photo 📸  the other night with my mobile phone.

Rosie the Golden Retriever is lay nearest the lit stove.  Whilst Bronte her daughter lies underneath her.

Living in Ireland our dogs are required to have dog licenses which ours have.  They cost 20 Euros a year per dog or 140 Euros for a life time one.  Our cats and other domesticated animals are not required to have them.  You don't need a fish license (Monty Python sketch) either.  

A lit stove is probably one of the highlights of this time of year when they make us put our clocks back and it goes dark so early.  It's going to be a long time until Summer time returns.  

How I envy folk who live in towns and villages with their street lights and pavements to go for a walk at night or when it's dark in the afternoon.  

Some public transport would also be amazing so I could get about at the weekend, maybe have a few pints of the black stuff or lager and see a Rock or Folk group?

I can think of more wind related songs but I think I have featured enough for now haven't I?   If you want more just ask?

15 comments:

  1. It is. I wouldn't mind being one. 17 hours sleep a day and going for walkies. I wouldn't like their dinners though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I’m always bringing things home from the charity shops, antique shops and flea markets. Or the trash outside someone’s home! Then I have to tell hubby I’ve had it forever….

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are carboot and charity shop mad Anonymous. We also watch Antiques Roadtrip and Salvage Hunters. I think we we Jackdaws in another life. I haven't been to a carboot sale for a few weeks due to the horrible weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These early nights and long hours of darkness are depressing, even here where the sun still burns. I wish they would stop changing the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sing from the same hymn sheet Linda. We should be an hour in front. Not the other way round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's have a demonstration! "NO TO CHANGING THE CLOCKS!", "YES TO MORE WIND-RELATED SONGS!" "NO TO OTT RETRIBUTION BOMBING IN GAZA!", "YES TO A REGULAR BUS SERVICE ON THE SHEEP'S HEAD PENINSULA!" "YES TO FREE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS FOR ALL!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. J and all the rest of the gang both two legged and four legged would vote for your Sheepshead Peninsula policy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleeping by the fire, that's a lifestyle I could happily enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too River If we could hibernate even for the Winter? There's a thought. We would save a fortune on heating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fireside is so nice when outside is dark and cold. Just think what street lighting does to your council taxes and public transport does to land prices (makes your small holding a target for a subdivision of little boxes made of ticky-tacky instead of real homes with gardens and fireplaces)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Council taxes are very cheap in Ireland compared to the UK Tigger's Mum. I am talking literally hundreds not thousands like Blighty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fact that you let sleeping dogs lie. Seems very sensible. We have set our clocks back this morning. Well. Some folks did. We forgot and poor Tim ended up at church an hour early. I got an extra hour to drink my coffee and wander around blogland. Did you see that your Kate Bush was entered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last Friday? I would not have known who she was except for your timely post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for that Debby. KB is one of my Rock Goddesses that I have listened to for years. Especially her early stuff like Wuthering Heights and "Wow". I see she turned down the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame invitation? She likes to live a reclusive life. I would love to have seen her play live.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...