Tuesday 2 July 2024

Bargain Browsing Cows At The Carboot Sale.

 We packed the van the night before with my self propagated perennials and a few gardening books:


Osteospermums, Shasta Daisies, Loosestrife, Cranesbill Geraniums, Stonecrop Sedums..

We saw some Whitehead cows looking over a gate and looking at the pretty flowers and I heard two cows talking:

"I'll have some of dem flowers when I gets married."

"Are ye a virgin Irene?"

"Not yet Daisy".


Cows looking at the car boot wares


Plants and books all neatly arranged by J.

We  got our pitch fee back by seven.  Then we sold an odd few plants .  I always knock ten bob off if they buy a few.  

One man said he had just renovated a property to rent out and wanted my plants to make the garden look good for his tenants.  I did him a good deal for fifty Euros and I gave him a few extra plants for free.

We took turns to go walk abouts and have a look round.  J came back with two stainless steel dog bowls which cost her 2 Euros each.

We made eighty Euros and had lots of chats with very amiable people.  Its so much better than being at home and not seeing a soul.

I bought eight cans of Carlsberg and watched England do a Man United in 1999 and complete the Great Escape. The equalizer was amazing.  I can't see them beating Switzerland though.  I think it's France or Spain or Portugal or perhaps England to win the Euros? Don't be silly Dave.

20 comments:

  1. Yes for a change GZ. I wish I could make money like that every day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a successful sales day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tigger's Mum. It was a long day but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant selling day, if only all days were like that. Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it was worth getting up at 5.30 Marlene. I am sure even shops have good selling days and bad selling days. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that was a good day car booting. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you JayCee. It was an upturn for the books. I hope you are on the mend? We have all had bad chests and coughs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good day. Well done for sales and bargains

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Linda. The chats with amiable people made it a very good morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My earlier comment seems to have disappeared. Is it in Spam? Perhaps you censored me for describing the Swiss as cuckoo clock chocolate munchers with big horns. I was of course referring to Alpine horns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not find any earlier comment by you YP. There's a lot of very tired players, especially England.

      Delete
    2. England players are fitter than all the rest so they are currently less tired. We are going to give The Heidis a hell of a beating!

      Delete
    3. Spain look the best team to win it.

      Delete
    4. I must admit, they have looked good - fluent and dare I say it - obviously enjoying the experience. Unlike England.

      Delete
    5. Yes I agree. Wonderful cavalier attacking football like Manchester City or when United strutted their stuff. I hope England choose a Spanish manager next.

      Delete
  11. I love talking to people. I think that car boots are a great opportunity for both bargains and a chinwag! Sounds like a great day. What is the most money you've ever hauled home from a carboot?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like chatting Debby. I have hauled nearly 200 Euros but bought quite a lot of stuff also. I prefer buying than selling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a bad day it seems - some cash and some company and osme laughs too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Mark. People and cows watching. Charles Dickens would have seen some characters to write about. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

"But The Gentry Must Come Down And The Poor Shall Wear The Crown."

 Today people in Blighty have the opportunity to make the Tories extinct.   Here's a song written by a Wigan lad called George Winstanle...