Friday 5 July 2024

Monday Tea From The Polytunnel.

 


Our chemical free homegrown vegetables keep on giving.

This was main ingredients of our Monday night tea.

Homeguard new potatoes and Snowball onions.  I prepared the ground with fym from our pigs, rabbits, hens and ducks and ponies, and we just water the vegetables with the well water that feeds the tap and hose pipe and sprinkler that I bought for four Euros from Dealz in Killarney.

Sometimes we go to the beach and collect seaweed but this year I have just used our fym.  I have lots of it.

Just muck and magic!

Our ancestors were organic farmers so why shouldn't we be?

10 comments:

  1. 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato 4...and lots more. You're doing something right! Bon appetit

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to be eating them every day Linda. Beefburgers and chips for our tea tonight. Showery weather here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the title of an organic television programme on Channel Four in the eighties TM. Bob Flowerdew (real name) was one of the presenters along with Sophie Grigson. I loved that programme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those potatoes look lovely but I would wash the soil off before boiling them. A sprig of mint and a bit of salt in the pan then a knob of salted butter on them when boiled. With my recipes, I am a bit like Jamie Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mint plants if you want any YP? Delicious with new potatoes.

      Delete
  5. So what were those lovely vegetables turned into????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef stew even Mr Pudding.😊

    ReplyDelete

My Own Eden Project Plastic Pop Bottles Cloches Worked.

 Remember about three weeks ago when I showed you how I made my cloches from plastic bottles?  I took the cloches off the plant pots every f...