Monday 8 July 2024

My Own Eden Project Plastic Pop Bottles Cloches Worked.


 Remember about three weeks ago when I showed you how I made my cloches from plastic bottles? 

I took the cloches off the plant pots every few days and watered them and replaced the cloches.

Yesterday I took off the cloche and gently tugged on one of my plant pots full of Cotoneaster cuttings.  Guess what? They have all rooted in the three plant pots cloches I made.  That's twelve new Cotoneaster plants.

Deferred plant propagation gratification means in a few month twenty four Euros.  Not bad for  just a second hand filled plant pot of garden soil, rooting powder a plastic bottle cloche that was going to be recycled, some watering by me and a bit of TLC by Mother Nature.

Any one got any plastic bottles they don't want?


6 comments:

  1. Do you have a local waste disposal tip where you can cadge empty plastic bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a capitalist Dave. I have plenty of plastic bottles. You can have them for 50 pence each + postage and packing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do not encourage me JayCee. That's how I ended up with hundreds of plant pots. We were driving past a builders skip with some big planters in it the other day. She wouldn't stop to let me see if they were any good. "You have got enough of them at home".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a Capitalist Mr Pudding. We take them back to the recycling machine in Lidl. Unfortunately they do not have a machine for pet food cans. The drinks cans are aluminium or Aluminum (American) and probably worth more than the steel ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recycling machines are popping up in most supermarkets here YP. They are often full at weekends and you have to bring your recycling back another day. Litter bins are very rare to find. In Portugal bins are even on the beaches.

    ReplyDelete

The Veg Raised Beds Worked In The Deluge!

 We had very heavy rain in West Cork on Saturday. 48 Millimetres in 16 hours to be precise! I reluctantly late morning ventured outside to g...