Wednesday 3 July 2024

"There's A Blarney Stone In Kerry.."

 The Mary Wallopers were excellent on Friday at Glastonbury on the BBC.  Talk about a breath of fresh air.  

Hopefully they will play down here in  West Cork and Kerry and I will get to see them play live some time soon?  

I had never heard of them before Friday and now I am listening and watching them on You Tube avidly.

Here's  their song about County Cork's famous Blarney stone.  But according to The Mary Wallopers there are many more Blarney stones in Ireland.  There is even one in Kerry.

Here is a video from the Late Late Show for you to tap your feet and enjoy:

It's been playing on my mental jukebox all week.  I have often been on the Bandon road to and from Cork but I have never met the fine Colleen with the stone beneath her belt.😊


6 comments:

  1. They make a great sound Dave - so tight and together - enjoying their music. We have many small Blarney stones to kiss over here in England too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them YP. They are like a modern day Clancy Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - like local folk music where I grew up. Get dancing. Now I'm off to consult YouTube too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you love it Tigger's Mum. It makes me think back to listening to the charts and rushing to town to get that hit single. "Duchess" by The Stranglers immediately comes to mind. I agree. Get dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A helluva lot of toe tapping being done here. Almost leaping like a wee leprechaun. More please

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're good aren't they Linda?

    ReplyDelete

Monday Tea From The Polytunnel.

  Our chemical free homegrown vegetables keep on giving. This was main ingredients of our Monday night tea. Homeguard new potatoes and Snowb...