Sunday, 18 September 2011

FAVOURITE NORTHERN FILMS.

What's your favourite northern English film?   Let me give you a few of my favourites to think about; BILLY LIAR, BRASSED OFF, KES, LITTLE VOICE, RITA, SUE AND BOB TOO, WUTHERING HEIGHTS, WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND, SATURDAY NIGHT SUNDAY MORNING, WITH NAIL AND I, HOBSONS CHOICE, GEORGE FORMBY films....

Hows them  for starters?  I am a published writer who loves everything to do with northern England.  I would love to write a film script would you?

I am currently writing a travel log book based on West Cork in Southern Ireland.  It's another place I have got a soft spot for you.  I also adore Herefordshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Wales, Soutwest England - especially Cornwall and Somerset.

If you want to read a couple of fantastic books about England, read : THE LONGEST CRAWL: Ian Marchant and also read ENGLAND: AN ELEGY:   Roger Scruton.

If you want to read my funny book about BALING STRING.  type ARCHIE SPARROWS BOOK OF USEFUL TIPS TO BEAT THE RECESSION............With Baling String.  

Archie is a Lancashire smallholder who decides to save England from bankruptcy by using his baling string tips.

If you are daft like me and like or write zany humour drop us a line or ten..!

Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. ___________________
    ___________________
    ___________________
    ___________________
    ___________________

    OK, halfway to dropping you ten lines but can't keep quiet any longer.

    I was sorely disappointed in this post after reading the title, clicking to see more, then realising my favourite northern film didn't qualify. Boo hoo, shame on you, gonna bind yer book in baling twine and lob it in the sea, noo. LOL

    But I don't care, I'm dragging your post over the border, kicking and screaming, then dragging it even further north, because my favourite northern film of all time has to be....

    LOCAL HERO!

    I don't care how corny it is, it's pretty much true to life in rural Scotland and anyone who ever considers moving here would do well to watch it. Unless, of course, you're planning on moving to the big cities, then you want to watch Trainspotting. I believe it won some awards - I have never watched it.

    How far north was 'The Full Monty'? That was funny, or was it just that Robert Carlisle made that one memorable for me? LOL

    Oops, sorry! Seem to have almost blogged here instead of commented. Best wrap it up and drop the last five lines for you.

    _____________________
    _____________________
    _____________________
    _____________________
    _____________________

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Local Hero is pretty good. Gregory's Girl was incredible - a gorgeous girl who can play football better than the lads! I should have said British films shouldn't I? Whisky Galore is excellent. So is The Pride of Miss Jean Brodie and Greyfriars Bobby - any Lassie films! I think The Full Monty was Sheffield? Another brilliant Pete Postlethwaite film (Brassed Off..) is Among Giants. Trainspotting was incredible - like one of my mad dreams. I was in a Real Ale pub the other day talking to Madonna. She kept smiling at me! Sad aren't I?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete