Tuesday 20 August 2024

Back From Blighty.

 I flew back from Luton to Cork on Tuesday afternoon.  Thirteen days away from the family, smallholding, livestock and vegetables.

We spent 11 nights in tents and two nights in a Travelodge in Oxford.  We took in Cropredy and A New Day Festival, visited Bournemouth and saw Chris Isaak and his band and toured around some of Dorset and Hardy haunts.

We caught a train to West Sussex on our way to Kent and we ended up in Oxford.  On Monday I ticked off something from my bucket list.  Yes I finally visited The Kilns where my literary hero C S Lewis lived and we also visited his grave.  

It's been tiring and we have been blessed with mostly fabulous sunshine.  I will start posting about our trip tomorrow with photos.


Hope you're all well and I will catch up with my favourite blogs soon.

13 comments:

  1. You were gone so long, I thought that you had died and gone to heaven! You were pretty lucky with the weather Dave but how did your feet hold up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was in Heaven when we visited The Kilns YP. It was a long trip and my feet held up better than previous trips. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back safe and sound. Looking forward to reading your trip report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JayCee. It was good to go back to the old country and see some great literary sites and see some great music.

      Delete
  4. I would love to go to C S Lewis's house too. I felt the same way as you when I visited Wittgenstein's grave and imagined him in Cambridge. I was beginning to worry about you as you went a bit quiet. Glad you got back ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oxford is amazing for its old buildings especially churches Rachel. You will like my Cardinal Newman post. We even went to a mass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to catch up, hope you get to rest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Marlene It's good to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a trip. Sounds wonderful....for you. How was the menagerie on return?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it was good Linda. We had two litters of piglets when I was away and all my shrub cuttings have rooted. Its tomato and potato harvesting and weeding today.

    ReplyDelete

Three Big Balls Of Wool From A Carboot Sale Make A Really Cheap Hand Knitted Arran Ladies Jumper.

 Twelve months ago J bought 3 large balls of wool for 3 Euros! I know.  But you have got to be a spend thrift some times. Some one said she ...