Thursday 22 August 2024

Tony Christie And His Band At Cropredy Festival.

Tony Christie from a far.

 We saw Kathryn Tickell, Rick Wakeman and Tony Christie and his band on the Thursday at Cropredy.

Everyone was very good.  Rick Wakeman and Tony Christie and his band were exceptionally good. I have seen Rick before in Germany with Yes in 2017.

Tony's set made me think of Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and their band sounds.  Musicians that could really play and singers that could really sing.  I love Prog rock but this melodious music really appeals to me.  My late father would have loved it!

Tony was full of the northern self deprecating humour that I grew up to know and love.  

He hasn't got any arrogance and his performance was incredible none stop for a man of his 82 years.  He literally never stopped.

You can see his Cropredy set list by Googling it.

Here's a video of one of my favourite songs that he sang from his set:



I will post about a Prog Rock tribute band tomorrow.  It's great to be writing blog posts again.

8 comments:

  1. That would be closer to my sort of music than Prog Rock...if I could hear 😁 He looks good for his age doesn't he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a bit of Prog Rock JayCee. I love it! Why make a short song when you can stretch it to 15 minutes? TC is remarkable for his age and his voice is still in very good form . A true entertainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another that I've had to Google. This time I don't recognise his face but I have heard some of his music. Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching a band live is so different to watching a video Jules. I think a lot of good music evolved from such bands with so many different influences. Perhaps I am mellowing in my Autumn years? Back to the Prog Rock tomorrow. Thanks for your comment Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to see Kathryn Tickell in Norwich many years ago. She is a great performer. It sounds like you were at a great festival at Cropredy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Kathryn and her band were very good Rachel. Her tune about Lindisfarne was very special. The special guest on Saturday night was Jasper Carrott. He had me in stitches. He said during lockdown the Jehovah Witnesses would knock on people's doors and say: "Jesus told me you were in". It was hilarious. A lot of the middle class punters didn't seen to like his common man humour. I felt privileged to see him. We take ourselves far too seriously. Thanks Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought you'd be a Tony Christie fan Dave! His real name is Anthony Fitzgerald and he was born in Conisbrough, Yorkshire. Apparently, he's living with early signs of dementia now. In the clip you shared he sang strongly, clearly and in tune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the information YP. He's got Irish ancestors and can really sing.

    ReplyDelete

Three Big Balls Of Wool From A Carboot Sale Make A Really Cheap Hand Knitted Arran Ladies Jumper.

 Twelve months ago J bought 3 large balls of wool for 3 Euros! I know.  But you have got to be a spend thrift some times. Some one said she ...