Friday 23 August 2024

Power Cut For The Marillion Tribute Band.

 There are lots of other things going on at Cropredy village when the festival is taking place.

I noticed online that a Norwegian Marillion tribute band were playing the Brazenose Arms pub in Cropredy village.

 I am big of Marillion especially in their early days when Fish was lead singer.  I have seen them twice with both their singers and once with Fish on his own.

We walked to the village and pub and they had a stage in the beer garden area.

Misplaced Neighbourhood.  A Norwegian Prog tribute band with an English singer.

The band began to play Script For A Jesters Tear and there was a power cut for ten minutes or more.

A group of lads from the audience got up on stage and sang the song acapella.  They also gesticulated their hands to get us to join in.  We found this hilarious and entertaining and of course we began singing the lyrics.

Eventually the power came back on they continued with Script For A Jesters Tear:


It was different and there are so many other stages and fringe events other than the main big stage.

I will write an horticultural post tomorrow.



14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good night A power cut doesn't stop the fun when you have enthusiastic fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true JayCee. It is good to have a sense of humour when the Gremlins start playing.

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun and people power always wins out, must have felt great to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun Marlene. People power always works in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a peaceful rural dweller, it must feel a little strange to be in a crowded place like The Brazenose Arms surrounded by strangers and the sound of music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cropredy is a beautiful Oxfordshire village YP. The Brazenose always have good bands playing there. I could live in Cropredy but I don't think I could afford to buy somewhere there.

      Delete
  5. Not a band I ever became familiar with. You can't listen to everything. Was probably in a classical phase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marillion are a great English Prog band Tasker. Some people compared them to early Genesis. Well worth a listen. Especially the first few albums or so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great response to the power cut - that's when fan enthusiasm really shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely TM. Nothing stops the show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A band that I have heard of :)
    I love that the audience came through and kept things going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got good music taste Jules. You meet some great characters at the music festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marillion is a band I've heard of. I had their album 'Childhood's End'. It was on your blog that I learned that they were still performing. I did not know! Misplaced Neighborhood seems like a group that I would like as well. Unfortunately, I am painting a ceiling right now, so I can only live vicariously through your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first saw them on 'Childhood's End tour in 1986 Debby. I was in my early twenties. Now I am in my early sixties and I still listen to them. Painting is not one of my favourite chores.

    ReplyDelete

Three Big Balls Of Wool From A Carboot Sale Make A Really Cheap Hand Knitted Arran Ladies Jumper.

 Twelve months ago J bought 3 large balls of wool for 3 Euros! I know.  But you have got to be a spend thrift some times. Some one said she ...