Saturday 3 August 2024

Starting To Pack With The Help Of The 3 D Printer.

 Number 2 son made me some flourescent caribiner clips for my rucksack and accessories yesterday:

The caribiner clip holds my tent in its waterproof bag secure to my rucksack.

Number 2 son printed me half a dozen of them for my rock n roll festival and literary tour.

I bought the blue plastic bag last year to put my tent in.  Why do tent manufacturers make nylon tent bags so small?

The number of times I have gone irate and started swearing in the middle of a campsite because I can't fit my tent in the miniscule tent bag and I couldn't close the zip.

Now I just squeeze it in the tent bag and tie it together and place it in the waterproof plastic bag without swearing!

The 3D printed caribiner clip is just the ticket to hold the bag to my rucksack.

My next decision is trainers or my nylon hiking boots?  My feet sweated like mad last year and I ended up with massive blisters.  I am also taking my close toed new sandals.

Anyone going to any folk and prog rock festivals in Blighty?

Here's a great rock band I am seeing next Friday covering an old Hot Chocolate hit:

They are Dutch and I really like them.  Did I see you tapping your feet?


18 comments:

  1. DeWolff reminded me of the sound of Spooky Tooth. Great sound and Spooky Tooth were a great band and my first favourite prog rock. Have a good time. The only thing I can say about the trip is wear the shoes you are most comfortable in when you go walking in your home walks where you live. I haven't forgotten the Kitchen photos and have them but other posts came up. I will post the Kitchen soon Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Rachel definitely back to a time when music was great. Thanks for the good wishes and footwear advice. They are usually exhausting physically trips but very enjoyable. I look forward to seeing your Norfolk kitchen post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you could try the duo layer/twin skin socks. They are supposed to help prevent blisters. P wears them for fell running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes thanks JayCee. I remember you giving me that tip last year. Hopefully it won't be 33 degrees again like two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone going to any folk and prog rock festivals in Blighty? Yes - Chiropody Emergency Squad will be attending Cropredy to attend to your feet Dave. Funny how Chiropody and Cropredy sound so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good trip...that 3D printer is doing good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chiropody are on at the Brasenose pub in the village YP. Only northerners are allowed in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seem to remember from Friends doing the D of E Awards hiking years ago that they would harden up their feet before going - White spirit or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I did my D of E Bronze. I walked 15 miles with a rucksack full of cans of food. It was torture.

      Delete
  9. Thanks GZ. The 3D printer is the technological garlic bread of the future. Your son would know that kind of Peter Kay Bolton quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're going to a festival, then you're almost guaranteed to end up with wet feet, either with sweating from the heat, or from constant rain.
    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jules. Definitely with sweat. It was 33 degrees in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you'll enjoy the festival, whatever the weather. Enjoy your beer and look after those feet of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Linda. It looks a good weather forecast unlike here. It's raining today. Usual Irish Bank Holiday weekend weather. Proper beer for a change.👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember your feet last year, and I thought, 'that man must sure love his music and beer if he can endure all that and still be having a good time....' Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debby. Yes I had big sole of the feet blisters for 6 weeks. Very painful and I was hobbling around. I think every year am I too old to go to music festivals? Then I see people a lot older than me still rocking away. It's an hard trip but it's worth it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just reading back through some of your posts. You certainly are moving with the times. I hope your feet hold up on your trip or have held up - not quite sure where this month is going. Confusion reigns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Jabblog. Technology is shaping our everyday lives. Hopefully it will mean we have more time for leisure and enjoyment?

    ReplyDelete

Three Big Balls Of Wool From A Carboot Sale Make A Really Cheap Hand Knitted Arran Ladies Jumper.

 Twelve months ago J bought 3 large balls of wool for 3 Euros! I know.  But you have got to be a spend thrift some times. Some one said she ...