Tuesday 27 August 2024

Some More Photos From Cropredy Music Festival.

 Two more posts about Cropredy and then we will head darn sarf to Dorset for three days.  

Kathryn Tickell and The Darkening. 
Punters wearing sun hats.  It's been back to the rain for me in the Emerald Isle.
Blackwater County.  I saw them at Wimborne Folk Festival in 2018.  They are like a fine wine.  They get better every time I see them.  Well worth seeing their videos on good old You Tube.
Crumpton Cider.  Not bad.  I drank more cider than Newky Brown this time.
Big Big Train.  A good Prog band.  I especially liked the female violinist and keyboard player.  She should have a much bigger role.  She reminded me of my beloved Kansas band.  They  played a great tune called 'Apollo'.
Zac Schulze Band.  I saw them and Focus twice in a week.  I even met their bass player at at A New Day Festival and had a conversation with him.  I will tell you more when we get to Kent.  

Here's a You Tube video I found of Eddi Reader and her band.  She was very funny and entertaining and incidentally her mother ("I think?") comes from Tralee.  I saw her and Fairground Attraction many moons ago at Glastonbury in 1989.  She was " Perfect!"😊  I had to get that one in.


You can't beat live music can you?


8 comments:

  1. Sunhats one minute, jackets the next. Didn't dampen the crowds it seems. My father used to sing Green Grow the Rushes O but it was nothing like this song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hot at Cropredy. The music was very eclectic and enjoyable Linda.

      Delete
  2. You got pretty close to the stage Dave. Did you have to use your elbows? Were there any young people in the crowd or were they all old farts like you and me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of folk l8ke us sat on the canvas chairs but we did see a lot of young people.

      Delete
  3. I like Katherine Tickell's music

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sun hats and short sleeves... Not envious at all... not one bit ... huh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes GZ. Her Northumbrian pipes and violin playing are excellent. She did a great tune about Lindisfarne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly gives you a thirst over there JayCee.

    ReplyDelete

Harvesting The Purple Rain Potatoes.

 I dug up the Purple Rain potatoes that we grew in my new plastic fym filled cut in half oil heating oil tanks. They looked muddy and pebble...