Friday 25 October 2024

A Carrier Bag Full Of Hydrangeas.

 Not quite the elegaic prose title: A Bouquet Of Barbed Wire but not a bad title for a blog post is it?

Hydrangea cuttings waiting for new plant pot homes.  

On Sunday morning I went down the garden with a carrier bag and my "trusty" secateurs "Parkside" from Lidl and took 35 cuttings.  

Bronte the Golden Retriever was walking in amongst the shrubs and perennials and Storm Ashley was trying to blow my hat off

I lost a pair of secateurs a couple of weeks ago in the polytunnel or veg plot.  

Why do horticultural equipment manufacturers paint everything bright orange or pink or put "made to be lost" stickers on the green ones?

I will probably find them some time in the compost pile or in a raised bed or in the polytunnel?

Any one else plant cuttings mad?  I have took and made over 50 new shrubs this Autumn already.  They all look like they have rooted and I am an happy bunny with my plastic bottle cloche propagating nursery experiment or PBCPNE for short.



4 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should get yourself one of those nifty gardening toolbelts to wear so you can keep all your secateurs and handy tools safely on your person?
    I suggested to P that he get something similar for when he is climbing up very tall ladders with powertools and hammers in one hand 😱😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. In answer to your question Dave, just had a wee dram of An Hearach...very nice and rounded

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with that whisky GZ. My favourite malt is Dalwhinnie. We once visited the Distillery. I don't think anyone can make better whisky than they can in Scotland and it's islands. I buy a cheap Scottish whisky in Aldi for my hot Toddy's. Very nice! Thanks GZ.

    ReplyDelete

A Carrier Bag Full Of Hydrangeas.

 Not quite the elegaic prose title: A Bouquet Of Barbed Wire but not a bad title for a blog post is it? Hydrangea cuttings waiting for new p...