Tuesday 22 October 2024

"It Is Easier To Train A Chimp!"

 We went in Aldi the other day.  I like perusing the Special Buys in the middle aisle.  

You find your self picking up 4 tins of El Cheapo baked beans for 27 Cents and pick up a flat screen 32 inch television for 500 Euros. I have said it a million times I exaggerate.

Any way or any road. We had completed our shopping and I had my usual hissy fit rant speech of there being no English beers to purchase  

A nice looking and helpful Irish lady shop assistant offered to help us negotiate with the "Self Service" machines.

We were very reluctant but we sheepishly walked to the slaughter, I mean checkout.

One by one we gingerly took each item out of the trolley and scanned it and of course it didn't work.

The lady pressed a button and she smiled and we tried again.  Of course it would not allow our  shopping to scan nor to put the items in the bag.

The lady asked us if we had any identification? I said: " No" and J said: " Yes!"

The shop assistant said: "I am only joking."

We managed to stop the machine six times.  Other people paying with cards sailed by with their shopping using the machines beside us.

We managed to get the machine camera/scanner to be unable to process our shopping six times.

Eventually we paid.

The lady said: " I think I best follow you home to see you're ok?"

So much for technology and machines that don't  like cash or daft folk in their sixties.

I think a  human cashier could of served six people in the time the unmanned machine took to serve us.  Progress I guess or not?

Stop the world I want to get off.

Anyone else had similar problems with these self service machines in your local supermarket?


6 comments:

  1. We thought it was just us GZ😊.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they annoying? Give me a human any day of the week.

      Delete
  3. We won't be repeating our exercise in self service till machines. Why don't they close the supermarkets and sell out of the back of the van? I hope they don't take me up on that labour cost saving idea.

    ReplyDelete

"It Is Easier To Train A Chimp!"

 We went in Aldi the other day.  I like perusing the Special Buys in the middle aisle.   You find your self picking up 4 tins of El Cheapo b...