Friday 11 October 2024

Nasturtiums Grazing Piglets.


 It seems I am not the ones who likes growing and eating organic vegetables.

They are grazing the Nasturtiums that have self seeded under and along the green windbreak netting that is supposed to protect my polytunnel from Westerly gales from the Atlantic.  That's the windbreak netting mesh I mentioned about on your blog the other day JayCee. 

I noticed something had walked over my wooden decking plank Japanese onions raised bed and grazed my Brassicas yesterday .  I thought to myself:

"The slugs and snails have been busy".

Now I see who are the real culprits.

Our free range pigs like to pick their own whether the crops are ready or not.  

14 comments:

  1. Nice day here.Getting colder every morning. Took more hedge cuttings today. Just lit the stove in the front room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would not want the choice of fresh veg, I don't grow nasturtiums in my small garden they would take over, Marlene, poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh veg is something that is hard to find in the supermarket Marlene. Nasturtiums can take over an areaif your selves or your livestock don't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our nasturtiums are very puny right now. Yours seem to be thriving, despite being scoffed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muck and magic makes them grow. They get more verdant every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic Muck. I think I heard about that movie...wasn't it supposed to be a dirty movie? I never actually saw it, so I can't say for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never seen that one Debby.😃 Will you be getting some pig friends at your new house in the countryside?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our nasturtiums are still waiting for a bit of rain to reappear. Maybe we should get a pig too. We will have a garden full in a few months. They take over the front garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to see Nasturtiums flowering in Winter Linda. Your seasons are so different to ours. A nice calm day but very cold this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pigs have piggish eating habits. They eat like pigs! You are going to have to protect your vulnerable plants with an electric fence or snipers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piglets go under the mains fence YP. Soon they will be too big and have to stay with their mothers.

      Delete
  11. It is Jules. I was saving them for the rabbits.

    ReplyDelete

Nasturtiums Grazing Piglets.

 It seems I am not the ones who likes growing and eating organic vegetables. They are grazing the Nasturtiums that have self seeded under an...