Wednesday 2 October 2024

The Diary Of A Plant Making Anorak.

 You know you are a bit of an obsessive when you are out in the garden and polytunnel at seven in the morning. 

You are moving about plants and topping them up with soil and well rotted fym and even counting them:

I counted 180 potted Griselina (New Zealand Privet) hedging plants the other day.

I have already planted over twenty other ones around the gardens this year.

I will probably sell (hope to!) them at a carboot sale this Autumn.  They are already potted up and can therefore be planted at any time of year

Regular readers know I have  hundreds of free plant pots and I have a constant supply of homemade fym/compost. 

A part from some organic hormone rooting powder and my time.  Which I have lots of!  It costs me nothing to make new plants.

I can see myself making plants for the rest of my days.  Living in the countryside next to the sea.  

You have got to have an hobby or you would be very bored. I suppose I could always grow vegetables? Oh I do that already.๐Ÿ˜Š

14 comments:

  1. Well there's not much good beer over here Tigger's Mum. We once brewed some real ale from a beer kit and we were not impressed with our efforts. Recently I have been trying craft beers brewed here and sold in the supermarkets. Our homebrew tasted much nicer. I think a nice smallholding or allotment in Dorset near a Wetherspoon's would be the first thing on my list if I won the Euromillions.๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to find someone windswept who needs to plant a hedge....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do GZ. I heard of someone who had long wavy hair and his nickname was indeed Windswept. I jest not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a sideline you could do stripograms throughout West Cork - dressing up as a fireman, a policeman or maybe a parish priest. The colleens would go wild for you Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt it YP. I wouldn't mind a newspaper veg gardening and Prog Rock column in a national newspaper. I suppose I will have to write blog posts for free instead?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making plants, living in the countryside, next to the sea sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could start a YouTube or Instagram channel with paid for content. You could call it Dave the Plantsman.
    Oh wait...I think someone got there first...
    https://youtu.be/GF9YuhQLnbk?si=WylwHN-qw3zvbNG1

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't want fame I just want some dosh JayCee. I have a face made for radio๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a saying here about people consumed by a hobby or the like. We say, "Well, it will keep him off the street." You can't get in too much trouble playing in the dirt, can you now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very true Debby. The countryside would be very boring without an hobby or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mum always said 'busy hands make light work'

    ReplyDelete

The Diary Of A Plant Making Anorak.

 You know you are a bit of an obsessive when you are out in the garden and polytunnel at seven in the morning.  You are moving about plants ...