Wednesday 16 October 2024

A Cheap Ceramic Plug Heater.

A ceramic plug heater that only cost 10 Euros.

Number one son and his girlfriend came back the other night  with some electric heaters and shopping for the cats and dogs and us from a certain discount supermarket near us.

The small ceramic plug heater is only small and costs 22 Cents or 14 Pence an hour in England to run.  It's not that big going off the size of the plug socket, but it does  gives off tremendous heat.

It reminded me of that joke about a poor family who used a donkey jacket (poor donkey"!) for a blanket.  The mother says to her kids: "Don't call it a jacket call it an Eiderdown".  A while later. Mother is entertaining  posh guests downstairs and her son shouts down the stairs: "Mum the sleeves fallen off the Eiderdown".

It will be great turning on the plug in the morning and getting warm whilst we eat some biscuits and have a brew.  Real ground black coffee of course!  I can't stand the instant stuff. 

I will post  another keeping us warm post another day.

Here's an old rock song favourite of mine:




 

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on instant coffee, we always make an old fashioned filter pot, we had pods, but still prefer filter coffee, always strong, black without sugar. Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes real black coffee is great Marlene. I have two sugars with mine. I am not a lover of tea.

      Delete
  2. I don't like instant coffee either. We use a drip filter machine and have Lavazza Italian ground coffee. Perks me up!
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it definitely perks us up. You have just made me think of a coffee song JayCee. I will put it on here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instant for me. I can't stand the real ground black stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough Tasker. What about custard? Thick or runny?

      Delete
  5. That song - "One More Cup of Coffee" is by Bob Dylan and it first appeared on his brilliant 1976 album - "Desire"... but you probably knew that already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did YP. I love his Born Again Christian stuff. "It may be the Devil or the Lord"..

      Delete
  6. In my humble opinion, instant coffee just isn't worth boiling the kettle for.
    Enjoy eating your biscuits in the warmth, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will vote for you Jules. Real coffee, carboots every day and allotments for all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here, electric heaters are not cost effective, unless they've come out with something more efficient. I'll be very interested to follow along with your experiment. I think that a small heater would be a fine thing. You could move it to where ever you happen to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Debby thats what I was thinking. Just moving it about and turning it on when it is really cold before we light the stove.

    ReplyDelete

A Cheap Ceramic Plug Heater.

A ceramic plug heater that only cost 10 Euros. Number one son and his girlfriend came back the other night  with some electric heaters and s...