Saturday 28 September 2019

Homemade and Homegrown Kale And Onion Soup.

We lit the solid fuel range stove in the kitchen this morning.  So I decided to make some soup.  The onions have already been picked and live in a stainless steel bowl in the utility room.  The Kale Triffids are  turning into tree trunks in ye olde polytunnel.

We (me and the wife) had a lively and heated discussion  yesterday about the Kale polytunnel crop not being harvested and ate.   I was told that I only want the space for "MORE BLOODY" plant cuttings!  Am I  really that obvious?  I did plant some potatoes in the tunnel and (hopefully) will be ready for Christmas.  Did you say Christmas Dave?  Wonder what else one can grow other than plants and shrub cuttings?  Maybe VEGETABLES even!


Here's  the soup in the pan on the range:




Do you have any soup recipes?  Anybody make Mulligatawny soup?  That's another product from the British Empire along with Snooker and  Piccalilli and IPA.


Hope you're  well and keeping warm and dry?





7 comments:

  1. What's in that kale soup, beside kale and onions? I have a bag of kale in my fridge that would be happy not to be sauteed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a knob of butter to help caramelise the onions and some salt and pepper. Some people blend or liquidise the ingredients but I just eat it like it is. Takes me back to when I was young and every pub in Ireland would have a sign up saying: Soup and Sandwiches. They always had a big pan of soup on the go. The sandwiches would be ham with mauve be cress. My mother would ask for a cup of tea. Great food and lovely memories. I am going to make some more Kale soup today. It's full of iron. Thanks for commenting Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are selling, I'm buying! No shop where I live sell high quality soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie. You don't seem to see plain and traditional food for sale these days so much do you? I am sure my grandparents ate bacon and cabbage every day. At least it seemed so when we visited them on our Irish holidays. You don't see silver service restaurants much either. Even the railway carriages use to have silver service. Perhaps we should start a traditional food movement? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my potatoes in and hope they are ready for christmas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sol. Won't it be great if we have new potatoes for Christmas dinner? Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suffering from herpes is a Terrible Experience which i suffered till i meet a herbal doctor called Dr. KHAM. I tried all possible mean to get cured but i never received cure from any of the 7 hospital i visited.Just Match,14,2018 i saw a recent post of how Dr. Kham herbal medicine cured people and that he is a honest man to work with in the procedures on finding a cure, then i contacted him in trial and he sent me a herbal medicine with the full prescription oh how to drink for two weeks and i exactly followed the guidelines that was given to me by DR. KHAM to cute the long story short the herbal medicine flushed out my whole system and make the herpes virus inactive all thanks to Dr. Kham who God is using to cure people of this terrible virus (herpes simplex virus) for anyone here that has herpes or other kinds of disease and Virus should mail all his or her complain to DR. KHAM on his email which is (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) or whats app him on +2348159922297 

    ReplyDelete

Protecting The Parsnips And Carrot Seedlings From Cats.

  Cats 🐈 😻 have been digging where we sowed the pregerminated parsnips and carrots 🥕  last week. I have talked to the likes of Domino, Ti...