Saturday 15 July 2023

An Odd Potato?

 

We harvested some more new potatoes today.  All the recent rain is making some very nice sized potatoes 🥔 at the moment.

Notice the one with the black band around it?  I think it's a piece of plastic embedded into the Solanum Tuberosum.  

I have featured the stainless steel old Kenwood Chef mixer bowl a couple of times on here.  I bought it for a Pound about 25 years ago from a carboot sale at the Countess of Chester carboot sale.  They hold a Sunday carboot sale every Sunday and they have raise over a million Pounds for the hospital in all this time which is remarkable.

We've been eating new potatoes 🥔 since May and we still have lots to go at and Diesel our dog  absolutely loves them.  I have never known a dog love new potatoes so much.

14 comments:

  1. Oh that is a relief! You hadn't blogged since Monday so I checked my wardrobe to make sure I still have a black tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks YP. I wrote a post and thought of couple of topics but I never published them. At least all the rain is swelling the potato tubers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you too Dave. I hope you were able to remove the black plastic and still enjoy that spud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JayCee. I managed to get some work and been busy.

      Delete
  4. Cold boiled potatoes are wonderful, in a Greek salad or just with cold meats, boiled eggs and a bit of olive oil. In our heatwave it's the perfect meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps so much better when the potatoes and eggs are your own

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. We seem to be eating new potatoes every day at the moment. I agree they are much nicer than shop bought ones. They are fresh and their sugars haven't turned into starches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are going to try some of Pirate's potatoes grown in a pot today

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you both enjoy them GZ. It's a great year for new potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To have a productive farm with good vegetables are so good. Hard work but good results.

      Delete
    2. So very true. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  9. F is jealous of your new spuds. She didn't grow any and those in the plots around ours have all succumbed to blight already. Interesting how you can shape a spud with a tummy band. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's well worth setting some seed potatoes in pots in a greenhouse or polytunnel in September Tigger and getting an harvest around Christmas time. I have done it a few times and it's wonderful to harvest them at that festive time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back! We have missed you.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...