Thursday 22 February 2018

My Shoes Have Gone To Bed!

Trust me to over do it walking.  The sun is cracking the flags, to use one my late dear mum's sayings.  Well not quite.  But at least it's not raining.  My heel is still killing me and I am hopping around like Long John Silvers parrot.  I am like a dog.  I want to go a walk!

Last night we watched the footity ball on TV.  I put my socks and shoes under the coffee table and got up for a can of beer from our fridge.  I forgot that I had taken my tuber grip bandage off my foot when I removed my socks and shoes.  I put the full weight of my body on Mr poorly foot and screamed and said a naughty word like flipping heck.  Well it began with the letter F any way.

My wife asked me if I had took my bandage off?

"Yes of course!"

"Why?"

"You told me to take it off when I go to bed"!

"Why have you gone to bed yet?'

"No.  But my shoes have!"

11 comments:

  1. Love your humour. Hope the beer was worth the pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LA. I try to add humour to most posts. Don"t know if it always comes across though. Budweiser isn't my favourite bit its better than no beer. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. What's happened between José and Pogba?
    Heel pain? Rest and and a pack of frozen peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Rachel. I think Pogba is good. Especially if he gets wingers service from the likes of Martial.

      At least you got Mikhi. I can't believe United let him go. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Birds eye frozen peas? Thanks for the tip Rachel.

      Delete
    3. Any pack of frozen peas will do. Hold on the heel for 15 minutes.

      Delete
    4. Hi know. I just remember you mentioning Birds Eye peas. Thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  3. I've heard that beer is the mother of all cures. Hope your heel feels (don't try saying that quickly) easier today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Valerie. I tried Rachel's frozen peas cure along with Buplex and Paracetamol. Hopefully I will be back walking soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Soon,' might be a bit optimistic.

    No danger of 'overdoing it' here. But I've got a couple of hotspots need sorting out, so maybe Sunday I'll get to soak my feet in a foot bath. And also give them a rub with a pumice stone or something rough. And then get some foot cream massaged in. It's my annual winter service for my feet. Some years when I'm feeling lazy I pay 25 euro and go to a chiropodist down the road.

    Do you ever use them? I think it's money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the advice Gwil. I can't put my heel down or walk about with out a shoe with an heel to cushion the pain. Its annoying and I think they call it: "Policeman's heel." Are you familiar with sore heels from your running?

    ReplyDelete

Seconds Out. Round Two.

 I beat the cats 4 2 last night.  But something had been digging in 2 of the parsnips and carrots 🥕 barrels. Thanks for you comments and ad...