Friday 18 October 2024

Lucozade Mini Greenhouses.


 I have been taking lots more cuttings over the last few days: Cotoneaster, Hypericum and Rugosa rose and Photinia or Red Robin cuttings to be precise.

If I took the fully intact Lucozade plastic bottles to the "Return" machines in all the Irish supermarkets.  I would get a receipt for 25 Cents per bottle.

Incidentally I was reading online the other day and it said none of the "Return" paper receipts can be recycled.  I suppose it's the ink?  🤔

There are also no machines petfood tins or one for bottles.

Instead of taking the bottles back I have cut the bottles in half and made cuttings cloches or mini greenhouses out of them.  

They retain the moisture after watering them and protect tender plants from slugs and snails damage.

My plastic plant propagation method is a good way of making new plants for free.

Anyone take cuttings?  I seem to make them most days at the moment.  Perhaps I am a plant propagator addict?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lucozade Mini Greenhouses.

 I have been taking lots more cuttings over the last few days: Cotoneaster, Hypericum and Rugosa rose and Photinia or Red Robin cuttings to ...