Thursday 13 May 2021

Latest Pics From My Outside Greenhouse.

Remember last week when I planted up some perennials and they all looked forlorn and thirsty? 

Well.  Since all the rain in Hibernia (land of eternal winter) they have perked up and enjoying the Spring outdoors in their new positions in their plant pots.

It just goes to show you don't  have to a garden or a polytunnel or a greenhouse to grow your plants.

I'm  back working on one of the islands so I probably won't be blogging so much for a few weeks.  Besides there is very poor coverage on the island and the the Tinternet and Tweb is virtually non existant.

I will catch up with the blogs I follow and and answer any comments tonight.



12 comments:

  1. I hope your plants don't miss you too much while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talk to them and give them a good water first thing every morning JayCee. Then I see them again at night. Can't wait until weekend and I can spend a day or two with them.😊

      Delete
    2. Can't Mummy Northsider do the watering while you are doing your community service?

      Delete
    3. She's not done the watering course. She prefers Hoovers.😊

      Delete
  2. "One of the islands"? Don't you know what it is called? I always remember my three night stay on Cape Clear Island down there in Cork. Are you working on Craggy Island? They might mistake you for Father Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Feck beer, feck"... I've been to Cape Clear, Sherkin and Whiddy Island.

      Delete
  3. Plants just love rain. So different from hosepipe water. I hope we get some more soon.
    Good luck with the job

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only temporary Linda but it's good to see people who I have worked with before. Hosepipe water is ok from a well. Mains could contain chemicals and rainwater is very good too if you collect it. Free nitrogen from above. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your island break - in a way the lack of internet is a bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. It's certainly good to have conversations with other people for a change. Human beings are meant to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be here when you get back. I am sure you'll have plenty to tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Debby. I am only away in the day time.

    ReplyDelete

Onion Set Planting.

I still managed to plant up two of the new planters/raised beds with onion sets in the rain yesterday. Notice the white root sock in the com...