Wednesday 22 November 2023

A Strange Film.

 We watched The Disaster Artist the other night.  I think it was on Netflix.

It's based on the Cult film "The Room".


I thought it was very good and just shows you don't need to be good to be successful.  It's like when you see a band that plays that bad they actually seem good.

Two aspiring actors want to go to Hollywood and audition for parts and one of them gets turned down most of the time.

They visit the crash where James Dean died and they decide to go to LA and eventually make a film themselves.  They direct it and star in it.

There's mystery who the strange sounding director and actor comes from and where he gets his money to fund the 🎥 film?

I won't spoil the plot for you.  But it's certainly worth watching.

Wouldn't it be great to make your own films?

13 comments:

  1. It takes you somewhere else JayCee. I thought it was very good. It passed a couple of hours on a dark, rainy and windy night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I've seen that somewhere years ago. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "The Room" came out in 2003 TM? Then someone wrote a book about it and the film "The Disaster Artist" was made in 2017. It is very weird and cuts away all the Hollywood glitz. Superb acting and based on a true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the Disaster Artist I saw. 2017 feels like years ago - the world has gone through a plague between then and now.

      Delete
    2. 2017 does feel like a very long time ago TM.

      Delete
  4. It's easy to make your own film. Put water in your washing up bowl and then put a spoonful of cooking oil on the surface. Presto! You have got a film!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good DIY tip Mr Pudding. I was talking about making a fil um like they call movies here in little ould Ireland. ☘️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to ask you if you have seen The Disaster Artist YP? It sounds like an ex Premiership winger who didn't make the grade at some big club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I never saw it. Are you referring to George Best?

      Delete
  7. I think you would like it YP. No it wasn't George. He was called Best and he was the best in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be a disaster at making films, even some of my photos don't come out good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could write the movie script but I wouldn't know anything about using cameras. My photos don't come out good either.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...