Sunday 5 November 2023

'Who You Looking At?"


 A photograph of a Kenyan giraffe.


No it was not taken at Knowsley Safari Park it's from Kenya.  Number 2 son took it last week in Kenya.  Did I tell you where he took it?

We were far from happy bunnies when he announced several months ago that he was going on holiday in October to Africa.  Not Spain or Portugal or Greece or Rhyl or Blackpool or Scarborough even!  No  KENYA.

Any way or any road thanks to good old WhatsApp we get text messages and photos from Africa.  We even got one at 6.30 this morning wishing one of the dogs "Happy Birthday".

They even had flooding on Friday.  So at least the weather would have felt like the weather they have back in Ireland.  The Roman's apparently christened Ireland "Hibernia" the land of eternal winters.  Quite a good description me thinks?

I will post another Kenya post when I get sent some Elephant or Lion photos.



10 comments:

  1. Interesting seeing life from a giraffe angle

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I wonder what they think about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering why that human is at eyeball level - nothing else is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They took the photograph from a raised platform TM.

      Delete
  4. Good gravy. I thought you got yourself another critter at the small holding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Debby. We do have more baby rabbits though.

      Delete
  5. Cute giraffe, looks like a baby. What exactly is wrong with going to Kenya? I haven't heard anything in the news about that place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too long a plane journey for me River. The list of injections and the heat would be too much for me. I have never been out of Europe.

    ReplyDelete

What's Growing Outside In The Veg Plot.

 I said the other day I would take some shots of what's growing outside in the veg plot at the moment. Bim potatoes.  I thought the tube...