Tuesday 28 December 2021

Abstract Dog Art?

No not another name for a Prog Rock band.

I was woken up at five in the morning yesterday with Domino (our pussy cat) purring on the bed.  He was no doubt pleased that he achieved this amazing feat.  We should have renamed him 'Cuckoo' because he likes living in other nests!

I couldn't get back to sleep and read blogs and emails for an hour or two.  Then some how I turned off the lampity at the side of my bed and managed to some how fall to sleep.  I awoke at 7.45 and walked into the newish kitchen and found a abstract art exhibition:


Our new puppy dog says her work is called 'Detritus'. It is a fine example of a bored and early riser of a puppy that decided to empty the contents of a polythene bag for recycling and distribute the contents all over the kitchen floor.

She asked me if those posh folk at the Tate Modern would like to buy her work? Well they once bought a pile of bricks didn't they? 

What do you reckon? Twenty grand and a years supply of Winalot?



18 comments:

  1. I am sure the Tate will be interested Dave. Many's a cleaner who has swept up the latest exhibit in the early morning cleaning and popped it in the dustbin while the curator was still in his bed. The artist Joseph Beuys who I mentioned the other day often used the blackboard for his work. There is a notorious true story that the cleaners at the Slade where he had been giving a talk the night before cleaned all the blackboards he had worked on. It had been the intention of the Slade to keep the work and hang it in the college gallery.

    When you first mentioned Domino I was thinking it was going to be Domino's work not the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Domino seems to have taken on enough with his pizza empire Rachel. I think you can see a bit of Tracey Emin's influence in the new pups art creation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely displayed, lol. If I forget to put our bag in the bin and leave it outside of the back door the fox does a nice display as well. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox art would be great to see Briony. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful... but what does it mean? WHOOOSH! It has gone right over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play "I'm Bored" by Iggy Pop and I think you will know what it means YP.

      Delete
  6. Tigger thinks Domino might have been 'purringly' trying to tell you something - like the politically savvy advisor rubbing his hands over one another imagining the downfall of the rival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a cat Tigger so should know. Thanks for the feline advice.

      Delete
  7. I can assure you that that is far more interesting than what I've found on our kitchen floor for the past 3 days (including this morning). Clearing-up Dog Poo at 4am is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm.. Been there, got the kitchen roll Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had Rosie created her art outside in my corner of the world, it would have been thought of as 'art by black bear's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps: anyone here have any idea what happened to tasker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's appeared on Yorkshire Pudding and a few other blogs Debby.

      Delete
    2. I found him. For a while, I was not able to access his blog.

      Delete
  11. You're very calm about it all. Did your other half clean up the 'canvas'?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I photographed the canvas and tidied up Linda.

    ReplyDelete

They Taste The Same.

 According to Professor Google 22 billion Pounds is spent on bread and cereal in the UK (not forgetting England) every year. So what do you ...