Thursday 9 December 2021

The King Of Rock'N'Roll.

Some say Elvis Presley is the king of Rock'n'roll.  I can think of someone else who dragged the world screaming and kicking and changed the music world once and for all.

Johnny B. Goode was written in 1955 by Chuck Berry.  It's  the story of a semi illiterate country boy from New Orleans who plays a guitar and one day will have his name in lights.  It was released in 1958 and reached number two.  

Who could be the king of Rock'n'roll? Bill Haley? Buddy Holly? Eddie Cochran? Maybe it was this man?


I would have loved to have seen him play live.  Yep he's got to be up there with the best of guitar players.

Does he make you get out the old air guitar or even the broom handle? 

6 comments:

  1. My nomination for The King of Rock and Roll is Hank Marvin of The Shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good nomination. Isn't Hank Marvin rhyming slang for "I'm starving?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck Berry and Little Richard were the ones I listened to and considered the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Rachel. You can certainly see their influence. I love Prog and Punk and Blues compliment and gives adhesive to all the Rock genres.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuck Berry definitely. I saw him in concert in London sometime in the 70s. Electric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you Linda. Probably the most famous singer I have ever seen is Whitney Houston. I would love to have seen Chuck Berry.

    ReplyDelete

Parsnip Seeds Germination In The Kitchen.

Parsnips seeds placed on a very damp piece of kitchen roll in a plastic tupperware tub. Then I cut ✂️ another piece of kitchen roll and satu...