Monday 31 October 2022

Midnight The Sentry Box Mouser.


 Midnight seems to have adopted an old cupboard or press like they say in Ireland.

Even the airing cupboard is called the "hot press".   

Midnight sits in there and waits for a field mouse 🐁 to walk past and he pounces on the unsuspecting creature.  

He's not daft and all the animals are good at repurposing stuff, cupboards and cardboard boxes a speciality.  

Chip off the old block?  I've been repurposing stuff all my adult life.  Found anything good in a builders skip lately or at a carboot sale?  They never sell car boots do they?  

8 comments:

  1. He is very sensible to wait inside the cupboard, out of the rain.
    P has acquired some good pieces of stone from a builder's skip that he is going to use to repair our wall. Waste nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's his mouse stop shelter JayCee. I noticed some plastic trays in Portugal put out next to the rubbish and I wanted to bring them home on the plane but the wife said Ryanair wouldn't let me. They would have been perfect for carrying plants in. Good on P. Please post a picture of your repaired wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is only halfway round so far and running out of decent stone so it may be some time before the repair is finished!

      Delete
  3. Yes there's rubble stone and decent stone JayCee. I am sure he will source some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Midnight would like to sleep there. Can't you "re-purpose" a piece of polystyrene to insulate the floor of the old press? I guess if you put an old pillow there it would soon get wet as the front is open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only been left outside. I will either use it for keeping tools in or let Midnight use it for his mouse stop shelter YP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's not well camouflaged in there. Do mice simply parade past? Mr T has been rummaging about in wet undergrowth but we haven't seen him with a mouse yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't be surprised if they do parade past Tigger. I saw him on the lawn with a mouse in his mouth. Think he thinks he's in the dugout at a football stadium. Sunderland (Black Cats) v Blackburn Rovers.

    ReplyDelete

Weeding And Pointing The Second Hand Patio.

 Do you remember when I made a patio with old paving slabs last year?  I had repurposed them from a path that was no longer needed.  A year ...