Saturday 26 February 2022

A Pleasant Surprise At The Polytunnel.


Fixed Polytunnel.


 I got home one night last week from work and I was informed that my good lady wife had managed to do a Macgyver fix on 'Portugal' my beloved polytunnel cover.  Click on the photo to see the incredible fix!

Apparently she got some polytunnel tape that we bought in Aldi and a couple of strong  polythene bags we use for the recycling still joined together and managed to patch the tear in the cover.

Oh am I an happy bunny.  We have had some incredible more strong winds the last few days and it's still intact,  thankfully! "

Oh happy days when my polytunnel blues went away."

My carrots have germinated and the onions are growing and I repotted my friend the Yucca plant.  The polytunnel plant residents are very happy again and so am I. 

Have a great weekend.


16 comments:

  1. Oh well done Mrs northsider. What a lucky chap you are Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't I just JayCee. Another string to her bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should hoover in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When they make a silent Hoover I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your missus is very crafty. I spit on her and her beautiful mend. Don't want any mischevious fairies undoing her good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda. The cats go in the polytunnel. We would welcome a green fingered leprechaun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Macgyver fix - had to look it up. My mother was brilliant at those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother must have been very resourceful Tasker.

      Delete
  8. Lovely lady wife, I hope you will reward her with some flowers maybe?
    Looks like a really good job done.
    I wonder if there is method in her madness, lol
    Keeps you from under her feet, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. When a woman fixes the polythene on her husband's polytunnel - that is true love. Now what will you do in return? Perhaps a striptease like those blokes in "The Full Monty".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Briony. My garden office/polytunnel keeps me out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think so YP. I am cheif humper and rodent undertaker/sexton. I hump coal and carry things that are heavy for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in Lancashire, it was said that you would hump anything.

      Delete

Seconds Out. Round Two.

 I beat the cats 4 2 last night.  But something had been digging in 2 of the parsnips and carrots 🥕 barrels. Thanks for you comments and ad...