Friday 12 July 2024

Two Charity Shop Vases Full Of Feverfew.

"The 18th Century Aspirin Plant."

I have this plant growing in my veg garden at the moment.  It is supposed to be brilliant for alleviating migraine and aches and pains.  

Living in a damp and cold climate like Ireland and Blighty.  It's probably the perfect plant for us all.

 You can eat the leaves raw or make a tea with it? I have made nettle tea in the past so I might make Feverfew tea.

There are some good Feverfew videos to watch on  good old You Tube.

Do you make herbal teas? What to you make?

I have bought Valerian tea bags from health shops and supermarkets.  Valerian is supposed to be good for calming the nerves and helping you sleep.

My brother is a bit of a collector like myself and he recently bought the two vases from a charity shop and gave them to us.  I don't think he paid much for them.  Aren't they pretty?

14 comments:

  1. I love any flower which looks or is part of the daisy family, I have loads of white flower of different sizes in our garden. As for tea, I never drink it, filter coffer or tap water for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlene. I like real coffee in a cafetiere. The herbal tea bags are very good.

      Delete
  2. Those vases are very pretty, and so are the Feverfew flowers.
    Let us know how you get on with the tea. Will you wait until you get a headache first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JayCee. I have been strimming and weeding all day and a thing all over. I think it will be a Doner kebab and eight cans of Carlsberg tonight.

      Delete
  3. Lemon verbena and lemon balm("Melissa") make nice tisanes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GZ. I wonder what happened to my Melissa? The damp must have killed it. It makes very nice tea.

      Delete
  4. Dear, I always like and flow your blog because your blog is very informative for us.My special. https://meditationuk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty vases. Your feline friends will like the valerian (like catnip). We used to be able to buy stuff like that by the bunch at a herb stall in the local market in Greece. Let me know what you think of the feverfew tea - the smell would put me off I think (it's quite 'medicinal')..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tigger's Mum. Feverfew does have a distinctive smell. It's supposed to be very good for you.

      Delete
  6. I find herbal teas unpleasant. PG Tips for me, with teabag immersed for 12 seconds with one swish, and loads of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's the taste". "Ave vu cuppa?". Barry's Tea made in Cork was my Irish grandparents favourite. I drink black coffee mostly. I rarely drink milk these days. Maybe on cereal but not very often. I see YP is on his London travels again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I suppose we will be inundated with baby pictures again, and be expected to comment how cute Zach is.

      Delete
  8. Probably. I bet the streets are not paved with gold Tasker?

    ReplyDelete

A Cheap Ceramic Plug Heater.

A ceramic plug heater that only cost 10 Euros. Number one son and his girlfriend came back the other night  with some electric heaters and s...