Friday 22 December 2023

A Walk Past The Hotel Where Agatha Christie, Churchill And The Beatles Stayed.

View from our hotel sun roof terrace of the extensive renovations going on at the hotel Tauro in Tenerife.  Agatha Christie, Winston Churchill and the Beatles all stayed there but not at the same time!
 
Behind the hotel is the Parque De La Sotra.  It's where gentry would relax and enjoy the exotic plants.
Old donkeys knees (me) spent and hour on the hotel sun lounger sunbathing.  The wife read her latest Margaret Dickinson book and I drank a cup of flat beer.  I was getting very bored.

I left wifey in town and climbed many steps and took in the view and the photographs.  It was very nice.


Mount Teide in the distance.  Apparently it's the third highest mountain/ volcano in the world.  It didn't look much higher than Snowdon.
Hotel Tauro in between the palm trees.

I noticed a cafe on my walk and thought I would get some liquid refreshment.  The lady cafe worker said that it wasn't open until 10o'clock.  I said: " What time is it now?" She replied: " 9.30".   Blood and stomach pills.  

I took many photos and a good hour was spent plant gazing with me, myself and I.

12 comments:

  1. How could you leave Jean alone at the hotel? You must know what those Spanish waiters are like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't I left her in town. I thought Manual Labour was the name of a Spanish man. Did your hear about the Spanish fireman who called his two sons hose a and hose b? I'm here all week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call those 'dad jokes' here, Dave. I had a dandy one, just perfect for this occasion. Unfortunately, I have forgotten it.

      Delete
  3. Yes I have heard the term 'dad' jokes before Debby. Yorkshire Pudding and myself are always trying to make each other and everyone else laugh. My kids call my Rock music "Grandad music". There's no accounting for taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance of you making an amateur recording of "Grandad" by Clive Dunn and sticking it on this blog?

      Delete
  4. I would love to be a grandad like you Mr Pudding. Dad's Army with Catherine Zeta Jones was a good film spin off. I even named a Border Collie after her. G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Standing on your doorstep at night calling your dog back in, "Catherine Zeta Jones! Catherine Zeta Jones!" Good job you haven't got close neighbours.

      Delete
    2. In exactly nine months you will probably be a grandad twice over after your lads sent you off to Tenerife for a week!

      Delete
    3. The Border Collie was called Zeta YP.

      Delete
  5. Dad's Army with Catherine Zeta Jones? Never heard of it. I like her, she was in the Zorro movoes long ago with Antonio Banderas who I also like but according to everyone I know, I am the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad's Army was made in 2016 River. I loved CZJ in The Darling Buds Of May and in Cabaret.

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...