Saturday 30 December 2023

Puppy Buffet.

 No not the name of a Prog Rock band.

Debby (Life's Funny Like That ) asked me for photos of the pups and her wish is my command:

The ten German Shepherd puppies are self weaning on cooked minced meat and sliced ham and milk pop.

Poor old Heidi their mother doesn't seem to spend much time with them these days and she's knackered and her teats have been yanked too much for her liking.  

All their eyes are open and they walk around and yap and cry like puppy dogs do.  They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow.  How time flies and I never can get over the power of Mother Nature.

More new livestock photos soon.

15 comments:

  1. They are JayCee. We had new baby piggies in the night. What a night to be born?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! But "Puppy Buffet" sounds like something on the last page of a Chinese takeaway menu. Does it come with fried rice or do you have to order that separately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell JayCee. She's having Chinese takeaway later for her birthday tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sure she will go for the "Kitten Buffet".

      Delete
    2. They do seem to be bite sized....

      Delete
  4. I believe they eat dogs in North Korea. At least their President supports Manchester United like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They raise them as food, and it is not just North Korea. The South does as well. Yellow dogs supposedly provide the best meat, and beating the poor animal to death is how they insure the meat is tender. It is sickening and an awful practice.

      Delete
  5. At the moment Linda. We are seeing their playfulness and devilment and micheiveness developing already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful and put me in mind of the day I picked up Max. We went to see a litter of puppies to choose from and Max chose me by constantly coming back to my lap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lovely dog tale reminds me of when we chose a Border Collie puppy because it was so alert and active River.

      Delete
  7. Hard to see them as the big dogs they will grow up to be. Great photo. Thanks Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are such an intelligent and protective breed of dog Rachel. Their mother understands so much of what we say and we have to spell words like o u t...

    ReplyDelete

Nets And Net Curtains To Keep The Birds 🐦 Off My Vegetables.

 The pests of the air had a good aerial attack of some of my brassicas in my plastic raised beds on Friday. So it was all hands on deck and ...