Thursday 27 June 2024

Another Walk On The North Side.

Last week I bought some new walking sandals from our local German garden centre, supermarket and beer providers.  They only cost 14 Euros.  My last pair of sandals cost me 25 Euros.  

I went for a saunter the other day on the Sheeps Head Way where we are literally two minutes away from.  

We can walk for many miles on the peninsula and Tuesday was a nice day for a stroll.  Here's some pictures for your perusal:

New sandals.  I like how the toes are covered and offers some protection from stones, gorse, brambles, grass and heather and salix saplings.  

The north sider (name of my blog) view of Bantry Bay and Hungry Hill over on Beara peninsula.  It really is beautiful on a nice day.  Some days it is that misty we can't see the bay from our kitchen window.  Today it is blowing a gale.

Irish Marsh Orchid featured in my last blog post.  Such unspoilt beauty.  I felt privileged to capture its photograph.
Exposed rock and bog on our peninsula.


Sheep grazing on the Sheeps Head Way.


A glimpse of Dunmanus Bay in the distance.

I saw one person walking on a road in the distance.  The only other creatures I saw were butterflies, dragonflies and sheep.

I listened to Spotify on my mobile phone.  Here's a track that came on from a recent search of my favourite songs:



I hope you enjoyed my walk?




12 comments:

  1. I did indeed enjoy your walk. Solitary, with beauty all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JayCee. Solitary is the right word. Far away from the madding crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very enjoyable and stirred lots of memories from way back. when we were living in Cork (city) and had just enough money for a week's rental of a dilapidated cottage on a hillside somewhere near where you took these pictures. Lucky for us, it was a hot summer's week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed this post and the photos Sabine. It is unseasonably windy today. Ireland is such a beautiful country when the weather is nice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like like open toed sandals. Around here they're sure to fill up with dirt and stones. Not much I can do, they're all open at the front. Yours look good. Did they have them for women too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They had open toed ladies sandals. Perhaps you could have tried on on of the mens sandals. I like mine but Furze and heather did tickle my feet some times but no scratches. I love sandals. Your feet can breathe and they keep cool unlike boots made from manmade fibres.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another good walk, thankyou 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your walk - what great views (and good music). Do you find that little stones and stuff get into the openings on sandals? (and then you can't shake them out?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Tigger's Mum. A nice place to be on a nice day. I do find small stones are a pain when walking in open toed sandals. A little stone can be quite painful. I like to wear them on alternative hiking days to let the feet breathe. On good ground sandals are very comfortable and light to go in my rucksack when wearing boots or trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I did enjoy this blog walk Dave and it was nice to have a view of your feet. I hope those walking sandals were really comfy. Will you wear them for your next expedition to Good Old Blighty?

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are comfy YP. I will take them to Blighty with me. Glad you enjoyed the walk.

    ReplyDelete

Half A Bucket Of Freshly Picked Homegrown Peas.

 I picked half a bucket of our chemical free or organic peas for our tea the other day. Peas etymology is of Mediterranean origin.   When in...