Tuesday 18 June 2024

Rosette Winning Piglets.

 Our cup runneth over.  Yorkshire Pudding awarded me with the Irish Blogger award in 2020 and now we are champion pig breeders in  County Cork. 

Any road or any way.  Number 1 son and his girlfriend took some of their piglets to Cork Agricultural Show on Sunday.

It was an early start and they drove the sixty miles to the show site.

They came home during the England verse Serbia match.  That was like watching paint dry.  Boring, predictable and the pundits and the world and his wife could have picked the team.

They came in to Northsider Towers clutching a handful of prize winning rosettes:

Four rosettes.
Black Eye is our champion winning piglet.  Didn't they do well?




14 comments:

  1. Oh well done piggies.
    (You must celebrate with a tasty bacon sandwich.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! Your pigs must be so proud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda. Stars for the day. I think they are happier back on the smallholding. When people become famous they often buy somewhere in the countryside. Our pigs didn't need to do that. We are chuffed to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see the winning pigs and all the rosettes. I am enjoying the Euros and seeing all the players again. It is so easy to get out of touch with who is playing where and who the national coaches are. It is difficult to keep up with what country Roberto Martinez is managing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachel. I guess it takes you back and all your Norfolk farm memories. It's a brilliant tournament. I will never forget when his mighty Wigan beat City and Wimbledon beat Liverpool and of course the Saints beating my idols in 1976. I think I prefer the Euros to the World Cup. Thanks Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, it was Wigan I forgot about. I knew something was missing. Yep those were great days. I love the Euros too. I enjoyed the Russia World Cup, some great games there and memories.

      Delete
  6. Perhaps we should just blog about football R,achel? 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy. Now your pigs will get the idea that they are something special!

    Very cool though. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prize winning pigs Debby. We can put that when we advertise them for sale.

      Delete
  8. Number One son sure knows how to win a woman's heart! Taking her to Cork Agricultural Show with some smelly piggies - he is so romantic. He probably takes after Father Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that money and they live like pigs: Pinky and Perky.

    ReplyDelete

Irish Marsh Orchid.

 I went for a saunter up on the hills today.  Just five miles according to my steps counter on my mobile phone. I noticed this wild flower g...