Monday 13 June 2022

A Good Home Wanted For Four Whisky Drinking Highland Terriers.


 Just for a change we had a run out to another car boot sale on Sunday morning.  
It was ten o'clock when we got/arrived there and I suspected most of the bargains would have been sold.

I also spotted an old "Black and White" pub sign for sale.  It's in an old frame and I imagine it's 1950's ish?  

I loved it and said to the lady I would have a walk and think about it.   

I was starting to slightly panic and much to my relief it was still there then when I got back to the lady.   I bought the picture.  Perhaps I was a Jackdaw in another life? If I like it I buy it! 

Did you get any carboot treasure at the weekend?

They will go next to my two Black and White dogs which I featured on here in August 2017:



14 comments:

  1. Great find Dave. You did right to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would like them Rachel. Is there a category called Pub Art? Perhaps I have just invented one? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you know what you like just go for it. We are a long time dead, as my friend is fond of telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly JayCee. Work hard, play hard and collect hard. I often say the same what your friend says. It's not a rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a sink at the car boot the other day and a post driver for fencing. Sink £5. Post rammer £10. Well pleased with myself.
    No garden tools though. I am looking for a hoe and a rake for gravel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sol. I bought a stone rake last week for ten Euros. Carboot sales are great for garden tools.

      Delete
  6. This is a fun post, I like your black and white little dogs and now they have a sign to display near them. Fun title for your post too. Buy what calls to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra. I am glad you like the dogs and my blog title,

      Delete
  7. I once heard you only regret those you don't buy. There is quite a bit of truth there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sign. Glad it was still there when you made up your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like it Linda. I won't dither next time I see something I like.

    ReplyDelete

Daffodils In A Old Tractor Tyre In The Polytunnel.

 Repurposing my Ford 3000 tyre for a planter in the polytunnel. I told you I wouldn't post a veggie post today.   Do you think the Tate ...