Sunday 19 June 2022

A Nice Thing For Not A Lot Of Money.


We went carbooting again this very morning at a carboot sale in Rathcormac.  It felt very cool and probably the coldest June I can ever remember.



 I picked up this oil painting and asked the lady seller how much was the painting?  She said something and I wasn't sure what she said and a lady next to me said: "I think she said twenty Euros". 

I asked the seller again and she said:"two Euros.  It's worth that for the frame". 

I didn't haggle and handed over a two Euros coin.  

The oil paint is signed G Truman I think?

It reminds me of the corrugated roof cottages you sometimes see in the Irish countryside.  Please click on the picture to enlarge it.

More carboot treasure finds another day.




6 comments:

  1. You've done it again!
    Bargain hunter supremo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus the Diesel. Hmm...?😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is corrugated iron a 'thing' in rural Ireland too? It is so iconic in NZ my brother clad his entire new house in it. Actually it turned out to be a rather impressive house - suprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but you do see some rural dwellings with corrugated iron roofs Tigger. It's used more for farm buildings. I find the rusty patina quite attractive on old buildings in the countryside.

      Delete
  4. Car Bootin’ across the universe
    In the old jallopy with Jean and Captain Dave
    Car Bootin’ across the universe
    With another pile of stuff, someone call a nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have a number one hit with that Ditty YP.

    ReplyDelete

Seconds Out. Round Two.

 I beat the cats 4 2 last night.  But something had been digging in 2 of the parsnips and carrots 🥕 barrels. Thanks for you comments and ad...