Sunday 12 June 2022

Browsing And Rooting Round The Charity Shops Again.

Myself and the one who must be obeyed (remember Minder?)  decided to jump into the Audi and have a run out to some towns where there are a few charity shops.  Well it's not until Sunday when we can go car booting yet again.

Looking for bargains is like my old Coarse fishing days when me myself and I (Joan armour plating, I mean Armatrading song) would spend four hours waiting to catch something and I would look down and there would be a big mangy rat eating bran or sawdust out of my maggot container and old ratty would look up and say: "Have you caught out Dave?"  Most Rattus Norvegicus creatures have north country accents dear readers. I would pick up my basket, bait box and fishing rod and reel in the line and run like I was starring in Chariots of Fire.  Many a time I never caught anything.

I digress.  We didn't  find much at our first port of call a part from some leather flip flops for my other half.  I couldn't even find any literature or summat to read.

At our next charity shop we bought some CDS (six for a Euro) and wifey spotted a brand new pair of Trespass hiking boots.  They were size 12 and in the "half price" sale for ten Euros.

I slipped one on my foot and I was like Cinderella: "you shall go to the hiking ball".

The not very friendly woman behind the counter 

said: "You can't return them for a refund".

Why would I want to?

They are in the words of Pop Larkin:

" Just perfick!"

Those boots were made for walking".


I will tell you about another great carbootsale find another day folks.

8 comments:

  1. Ten euros - a bargain by any standards. No excuse now not to get out walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man. P has been looking around our charity shops for a bargain pair of shoes or boots for gardening/working. Nothing doing. I may have to persuade him to buy a new pair as his old ones have holes in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gardening boots. Boot sale boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you're right Mark. It's time for me to get back into my hiking routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to find the boots JayCee. I think P would be very happy if you bought him some new boots.

      Delete
    2. Yes they would make great gardening and walking boots Tigger.

      Delete
  5. LOL. 'Have you caught out, Dave?' That struck my funny bone, for whatever reason. Nice shopping. You should continue to mind herself. Her instincts seem dead on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it made you laugh Debby. The number of times I have been fishing and some one would stand behind me watching and not speaking. I would be there pretending to be fishing whilst thinking there was the mad axeman behind me. Then suddenly after a pregnant pause they would pipe up"Have you caught out?" Yes females make very good hunter, gatherers too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

They Taste The Same.

 According to Professor Google 22 billion Pounds is spent on bread and cereal in the UK (not forgetting England) every year. So what do you ...