Thursday 9 June 2022

More John Skelton Prints Of The Kerry Seascape.

I said yesterday that we bought two more of his prints set in the Kerry seascape on Monday.  JayCee who lives in the Isle of Man and who writes Diary of a Nobody blog.  Asked me in a comment to see the new prints. You can see the other ones by going into my blog search and typing John Skelton prints.

Here goes JayCee:

Two more prints.  We already have the bottom print but that can go in the other house. We paid 4 Euros each for them.


The first print entitled 'Landfall'  which we purchased in Cahersiveen on the Ring of Kerry at a carboot sale in 2020.  We paid 5 Euros for it.

I was on You Tube  last night and found this video of his son's art.  Talk about a chip off the old block:




8 comments:

  1. I couldn't see a bottom print - presumably where a painter daubs his arse and then sits on a sheet of paper. I liked the video and the pictures it contained - capturing a good sense of coastal Ireland and the simple beauty of a world that is slipping into history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. What a treat. I would love all of those on my walls.
    The son is very good too. Great characters, but I think I like Dad's work best.
    Thank you for posting these, Dave x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abstract arse ist instead of artist. 😊 They are like Irish Lowry's capturing working class people but in a coastal rather than an industrial setting. Glad you like the video YP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So would I JayCee. I think I will keep collecting them. Glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dave. Love them too. Euston School of Art. Brilliant work. Love them. Farmer's son I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know your stuff Rachel. Making them into prints enables everyone to own a copy. Glad you love them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't his art capture the moment...the leaning in, tilt of head, furrow of brow, ...a conversation overheard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't it just Tigger. The characters come to life in the paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Onion Set Planting.

I still managed to plant up two of the new planters/raised beds with onion sets in the rain yesterday. Notice the white root sock in the com...