Wednesday 27 July 2022

A Nine Mile Walk On A Wednesday Morning.

 I went for another walk on my own again this morning.   I only saw one passing motorist who waved at me.  I ended walking 19,653 steps according to the Health app on my mobile phone.  That's  9.30 Miles of old gas metres.  I think that's 14KM? All the road signs in the Republic are in Kilometres and Miles in the North and Blighty.  I still think in miles do you? 

It only tried to rain but it never materialised and I didn't get saturated like I did last Saturday.  

That's 21Miles walked since last Thursday.  Will probably walk another Greenway section some time in the next few days.  

Here's some photographs for your perusal: 

Blue sheep.  Are they City fans?
The ruggedness and panoramic views of Dunmanus and Bantry Bays.
One of the hand built stone cairns that you pass when hiking.
The Sheepshead Way and Peninsula is a beautiful place to walk when it's not raining.   The Enerald Isle is great for getting away from it all.  The Emerald Isle is also worth visiting!😊🐑


10 comments:

  1. Nine miles is a very long walk. How long did it take you to do that?
    I imagine you must have done a lot of thinking along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me three hours JayCee but I stopped every hour for a drink and for taking photographs. Walking off road on the bogs and hills slows the pace right down. I normally think and listen to music but today I didn't play any music. It's supposed to improve your long distance eyesight looking at places in the distance. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on blogs after a long while away. I too tend to think in miles - certainly when in the UK and driving. On foot I often use KMs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark. Good to see your comment. I can never get my head round Kilometres. Everywhere seems to be so much further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the miles covered recently Dave! Every step is both beautiful and healthful. For extra benefits you could try piggybacking Mrs Northsider for three or four miles but no grunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Pudding. It's good to be able to accurately track every step of my walks. It would be good to have a walking companion but listening to music compensates for that.

      Delete
  6. You surely put me to shame with the distances you walk. However, the scenery is spectacular. That's some powerful motivation right there, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The landscape feeds the soul Debby. Ireland is such a beautiful country. The best thing about walking is it costs very little to do it. A good pair of trainers or boots and a stick and a rucksack and some waterproofs and some refreshments and off you go. Charles Dickens would walk 25 Miles a day. No doubt that is how he met his characters for his books. CS Lewis use to go on walking holidays with his Inklings friends and stay in country inns. Thanks Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful place to walk. Thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is Linda. Anywhere away from cars feels like Heaven on Earth. Glad you liked the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Daffodils In A Old Tractor Tyre In The Polytunnel.

 Repurposing my Ford 3000 tyre for a planter in the polytunnel. I told you I wouldn't post a veggie post today.   Do you think the Tate ...