Monday 25 July 2022

Solar Powered Phone Charger.

 

I bought this yolk last year from the German Garden Centre and Beer Providers.  They also sell food I do believe.  I never got to use it with Covid and now August will be the month that I will see if it works.  Did I tell you that I am finally going to see Steve Hackett this year? Not forgetting a certain Clannad who I recently saw in Limerick.

Last time I went to Blighty in 2019 I would go into a pub and ask if I could charge my mobile phone in your electricity socket because I am sleeping under canvas (a tent) and some buxom barmaid would say: "Only if you buy a drink".  "Only one?" says me.  I am not one of those people who would go in a pub and not buy a drink or a packet of pork scratchings.  Are you?

It really is a worry when your phone battery needs charging and there is nowhere to charge it.  I would gladly pay if there was a place to charge my phone.

I will probably take a phone bank but they only last a couple of days.  Have you ever used a solar power charger? Have you any other suggestions like how to win the Euro Millions and I could afford to get some digs and they have electric sockets and coloured television?

Problems, problems, problems!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea but probably wouldn't work over here... needs some sun I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I thought so. Thanks JayCee. Apparently it just needs to be outside your back pack/rucksack and the old currant bun (Lancashire rhyming slang) will give you enough power to charge your mobile phone and you can WhatsApp the trouble and strife. Perhaps I should take an homing pigeon?😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or try two tin cans and a length of string? You could eat the pigeon then.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you read the Beano and Dandy like me Jaycee? Desperate Dan, Lord Snooty. Dennis the Menace..? Happy days.😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the amount of blazing sun we are getting I would never have to charge my phone with anything else. Be sure to report back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to read you are getting lots of sun Debby. Your plants and vegetables will need lots of watering. I will be missing from here for over a week . Hopefully I will have photos and tales to tell. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I've used them - the old ones are rubbish; the very new ones better but expensive. Near my house in France there are lots of long distance trekkers passing - their preferred set up is solar to trickle charge a power bank so they have best of both and not reliant on the sun. I just use a large power bank and charge it when I can

    ReplyDelete

They Taste The Same.

 According to Professor Google 22 billion Pounds is spent on bread and cereal in the UK (not forgetting England) every year. So what do you ...